Record up to UHD 4K video with this Panasonic Compact 4K Camera Head Kit with Portable Recorder put together by B&H. The kit includes a camera head, a portable AG-UMR20 memory card recorder, and a 65' long AG-C20020G extension cable.
The compact and lightweight camera head features a 20x optical zoom, an optical ND filter, a 49mm filter thread, and 5-axis image stabilization, and it records up to UHD 4K at 29.97/23.98/25 fps. The camera connects to the portable recorder over a dedicated connection with the included cable.
The recorder features a touch-panel LCD, a mic/line input, 2.5 and 3.5mm remote control terminals, a dedicated camera head input that records up to UHD 4K29.97, a 3G-SDI input that records up to 1080p59.94, and it records to dual SD cards. It also supports simultaneous SDI, 4K HDMI, and LAN output, and can also output video to mass storage over its USB 2.0 port.
Panasonic Compact Camera Head for Memory Card Portable Recorder
The Panasonic Compact Camera Head was designed as a special option for the Panasonic Memory Card Portable Recorder. The recorder offers a dedicated interface for this camera, and the two connect over an optional cable that's available in different lengths. Compact and lightweight, the advanced Camera Head can be installed in hard-to-access places to provide a professional capture solution for the portable recorder.
The Camera Head records up to UHD 4K resolution at 29.97/23.98/25 fps, and it has a 20x optical zoom lens that covers a range from 29.5mm wide-angle to 612mm close-up shots, for various applications. Furthermore, it's packed with features such as stabilization, color correction, an optical ND filter, focus assist, stereo mic, and more.
- 20x optical zoom: 29.5mm wide-angle to 612mm close-up angle
- Intelligent zoom (i.Zoom): Up to 30x in HD format / 22x in 4K (zooms in seamlessly from the optical tele-end)
- Digital zoom: 1.4x/2x/4x/6x/8x zoom without any change in brightness (optical 20x zoom + i.Zoom + digital zoom 8x in HD format enables zooming up to a maximum of 240x)
- Optical image stabilizer (HD/4K): images are highly corrected even when the camera is unstable, such as when mounted on an arm
- Five-axis hybrid image stabilizer (HD): In HD mode, electronic image stabilization is added to the optical image stabilizer (OIS) system to detect and correct motions on five axes, including rolling motion; this is effective when shooting while walking
- 16-axis Independent color correction: provides a separate effect to each of the 16 phases and saturation levels of video images
- Optical ND filter can be manually switched (Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64); resolution degradation from closing down the iris is prevented, even in bright lighting
- Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS) suppresses blocked shadows and blown highlights to produce improved gradation for each shade when dark, bright, and intermediate shades are all contained in the same scene
- Gain/iris: The gain can be increased either with AUTO or 0–30 dB (in 1 dB units), plus super gain (33/36 dB); iris adjustment can also be adjusted independently from the gain
- White balance: AWB A, B (two-value memory) / P3200K / P5600K / ATW / VAR (2000–15000K)
- Image adjustments: Detail, V-Detail, Detail Coring, Skin Tone Detail, Color Temperature, Chroma Level, Chroma Phase, Matrix (Norm/Cine-Like/Still-Like), Master Pedestal, Gamma (HD Norm/Cine-Like/Still-Like), Black Gamma, Knee, NR Control
- Focus assist aided by a peaking display
- Push auto: Temporarily activates autofocus
- Infrared (IR) shooting mode, for nighttime observation and surveillance
- Pre Rec: Constantly records video and sounds from approximately 3 seconds before ordinary recording starts, to prevent missing decisive moments
- Rec check: Plays approximately the last 3 seconds that were recorded for confirmation
- Zebra: Select any two levels from among 50–105% in 5% steps
- Built-in stereo microphone for recording sound with video
- 49mm diameter filters supported
Panasonic AG-UMR20 Memory Card Portable Recorder
The Panasonic AG-UMR20 Memory Card Portable Recorder provides an ultra-flexible solution for dual SD card recording of camera signals and advanced IP control and streaming.
It records up to 1080p59.94 signals over a 3G-SDI input, and can also record a UHD 4K/29.97 signal from the optional AG-UCK20GJ Compact Camera Head that was designed as a companion product. The optional camera connects into a dedicated 20-pin interface on the recorder via an optional cable.
Featuring a small handheld design, battery and AC-powered operation, and consecutive and hot-swappable dual card slots, the Memory Card Portable Recorder allows for convenient backup recording in the field or in studio across broadcast, healthcare, remote imaging, and other applications. It's capable of recording up to 22 hours in AVCHD PS mode, and 112 hours in HE mode. It can also be arm or rack-mounted via 3mm threaded holes offered in two locations (on the left and right). Batteries are sold separately; please see the available options below.
The recorder also features SDI and HDMI outputs, and is capable of outputting to display monitors simultaneously over both. While the SDI output supports up to 1080p59.94 signals, the HDMI output allows an up to UHD 4K/29.97 output to support the optional camera head signal. (The SDI output will pass the camera head signal in 1080p.)
In addition to these inputs/outputs, the recorder also features a switchable mic/line input for independent audio recording, USB 2.0 interface for recording to mass storage, LAN port for connecting IP controllers, PCs, tablets, streaming decoders, and FTP servers, and 2.5mm and 3.5mm mini jacks for connecting zoom, start/stop, focus, and iris remote controllers. IP streaming over LAN can be performed at the same time with the SDI and HDMI outputs; ultimately, you can output three signals simultaneously. There's also a headphone stereo mini jack and a built-in speaker for monitoring audio.
Another key feature of the recorder is a 3.5" touch-panel LCD which offers assignable functions, thumbnail images for quick viewing, waveform and vectorscope display, and vertically and horizontally reversible image display. Additional features of the recorder include photo extraction from 4K video, time stamp, and continuous repeat playback of a single or multiple clips (ideal for use in presentations). Other than the LCD controls, the AG-UMR20 also has large onboard function buttons which can temporarily be disabled for precaution.
- 3.5", 16:9, 1.15 megadot panel
- Touch-operable menu settings and user buttons
- 13 user buttons, all assignable
- Four Scene File buttons for easy switching of the scene setting
- Vertically and horizontally reversible image display (the optional AG-UCK20GJ Compact Camera Head can be reversed vertically to match)
- When the display image is reversed, the recorded image will remain in its original orientation
- Waveform and vectorscope display
- LCD DTL: The contours of the display image are emphasized to aid in focusing (even when the contours are emphasized, the recorded image will not be affected)
LAN Terminal for IP Streaming and IP Control
- IP Control: Remote control from a PC, tablet, or IP controller enables record start/stop, clip delete, and control of the optional AG-UCK20GJ Compact Camera Head (zoom, focus, iris, and menu settings)
- IP Streaming: Video and audio IP streaming supported; signals can be received and monitored by PCs, tablets, and IP decoders
- File Transfer: Recorded clips can be downloaded by a network PCF
- Panasonic remote camera system IP controller supported for integrated system operation
- Open IP commands allow for original systems design
Two Remote Terminals
- Terminal for record start/stop and zoom operations
- Terminal for focus and iris control
Versatile Recording and Playback Functions
- Produce Photos from Video: Single-frame image files can be converted from recorded video images and used for high-quality photos
- Last Clip Delete: The clip that was recorded immediately before can be deleted with a single touch (this function can also be allocated to a user button)
- Time Stamp: Date and time information can be superimposed onto images (ideal for extended research activities and nature observations)
- TC/UB Recording: An SMPTE timecode generator is built-in
- Color bar signal output with 1 kHz audio test tone (when set to 50 Hz, a 997 Hz test tone is output)
- Repeat Playback: Continuous, automatic repeat playback is possible for one clip or multiple clips from the thumbnail display
- Resume Playback: When the Stop key is pressed during playback, the stop position is stored in memory; simply press the Play key to start playing again from the stop position (turning off the power resets the memory)
- Clip Operation: Fast-forward, rewind, clip forward, clip reverse, and frame-by-frame playback operation are supported
Supported Batteries (Not Included)
- Panasonic AG-VBR118G (11800mAh, approx. 280 minutes)
- Panasonic AG-VBR89G (8850mAh, approx. 240 minutes)
- Panasonic AG-VBR59 (5900mAh, approx. 200 minutes)
Panasonic AG-C20020G 65' (20 m) Extension Cable
The Panasonic AG-C20020G is a 65' (20 m) cable designed to extend the use of the AG-HMR10 and AG-HCK10 Recorder/Camera system. The cable provides enough extension for virtually any remote scenario, creating a versatile and cost-effective solution for a variety of shooting situations.