This B&H Kit pairs the Nikon Z7 Mirrorless Camera with 24-70mm Lens with the Think Tank Photo Retrospective 7M Shoulder Bag. The bag is water-resistant and will fit the camera, two lenses, a flash, and additional accessories.
Nikon has taken the next step in their imaging journey with the Z7 Mirrorless Camera, dubbed "The Perfectionist," and the revolutionary Z System. This high-resolution FX-format camera introduces the Z Mount, a large diameter design with a short 16mm flange distance that allows Nikon to create compact, yet powerful cameras and develop more advanced optics. The Z7 is among the first in the series, and brings with it a 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor and EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine, delivering outstanding image quality and speed with a native sensitivity range of ISO 64-25600.
On the sensor you will find an advanced phase-detect autofocus system using 493 points covering 90% of the image area and the sensor features 5-axis Vibration Reduction technology for stabilized photos and video regardless of the lens used. This advanced hybrid AF system will also benefit video. The Z7 features UHD 4K recording at up to 30p and can use the N-Log gamma profile along with the camera's 10-bit HDMI output to create cinema-quality video. The camera's high-resolution sensor also permits the use of an 8K Time-Lapse mode.
As with many mirrorless systems, the Z Series boasts a much more compact form factor than its DSLR counterparts. The Z7 is no exception with its slimmed down design and lighter build, though it maintains the weather sealing and ergonomics for which Nikon is known. The camera features multiple displays and screens for ease of use, including a 0.80x 3.6m-dot EVF with NIKKOR optics and a Fluorine coating, ensuring clear viewing. The rear of the camera is equipped with a 3.2" 2.1m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD while the top offers a dot-matrix OLED for quickly checking settings. Additionally, the body is equipped with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Advanced video functionalities have been added with the Z7. This includes the N-Log gamma for capturing flat-looking footage that maximizes dynamic range. Other additions are the ability to output high-quality 10-bit data over HDMI and an Electronic VR function for smooth handheld shooting. Focus Peaking can be used to benefit manual focus control and a Zebra Stripes option is also available to help detect over-exposed areas within the frame. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality, and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.
Further complementing video capabilities, the Z7 is eligible for an optional ProRes RAW upgrade, enabling the camera to output ProRes RAW footage to a compatible Atomos external recorder. This upgrade provides greater color grading flexibility with the ProRes codec along with the ability to output uncompressed 12-bit raw footage over HDMI. This upgrade requires sending the camera to Nikon's Service Department for installation.
The Z7 also blends both still and video capabilities with the ability to produce 8K time-lapses using the Interval Timer Mode or in-camera 4K time-lapse movies, with the ability to record up to 9999 exposures for either method. This system also makes use of a silent interval timer, which produces no shutter noise, does not contribute to wear on the shutter mechanism, and is energy efficient to maximize battery life.
- Built-in to the body is a 5-axis sensor-shift Vibration Reduction mechanism for up to 5 stops of stabilization regardless of the lens used. This system also works with adapted lenses when using the optional FTZ Adapter where 3-axis stabilization is used.
- A large 3.2" 2.1m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to benefit working from both high and low angles, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a high 0.80x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image. The finder also has a Fluorine coating for easier cleaning.
- The top panel of the Z7 is configured with a dot-matrix OLED. This low-energy display provides quick access to important camera settings.
- Configured with one CFexpress Type B/XQD memory card slot, the camera will be able to quickly save photo and video files.
- A robust magnesium-alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The ergonomic grip and overall form factor is shaped to benefit handling for extended periods of time and is further accentuated by an anti-slip material and a joystick for seamless settings and focus point selection.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Included EN-EL15b rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 330 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported. This camera is also compatible with EN-EL15 and EN-EL15a batteries, however do not support in-camera charging.
Covering a useful range of focal lengths, the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S is a versatile zoom, spanning wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives. Its constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains a consistent exposure throughout the zoom range and also helps to realize a more compact and lightweight alternative to an f/2.8 zoom. In regard to the optical design, a unique aspherical extra-low dispersion element, in addition to three aspherical elements, is used to help reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range in order to achieve high image sharpness and clarity. Both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings have also been applied to control flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color rendering in bright and backlit conditions.
Complementing the optics, a stepping motor provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override to suit both stills and video applications. A programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings. Additionally, the lens has a button-less retractable barrel to realize a more compact form factor when not in use.
Power select Nikon cameras with this EN-EL15b Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery, which serves as a spare or replacement for the one provided with the camera. It is designed to offer long life and consistent power, and can be charged or discharged at any time without developing memory effects.
When used with the Z 7 and Z 6, the battery is compatible with the MH-25 and MH-25a chargers, or can be charged in-camera using the EH-7P Charging AC Adapter.
The Nikon MH-25A Battery Charger is a wall charger for the EN-EL15 and EN-EL15a lithium-ion batteries.
The Nikon UC-E24 USB Cable is a spare or replacement item for the cable originally included with the Z7 and Z6 mirrorless cameras. This cable features USB Type-C and Type-A connectors, can be used in conjunction with the EH-7p AC Adapter for in-camera charging, and can also facilitate connecting the camera to a computer.
The Nikon BS-1 fits into the hot shoe of all Nikon SLR cameras and helps to keep out dust and moisture from the hot shoe.
Designed for the Nikon Z 7 and Z 6 mirrorless cameras, the AN-DC19 Camera Strap is a spare or replacement item for the one originally included with the camera. The strap has an adjustable length, attaches to the camera via its lugs, and has a Nikon Z logo with black and yellow coloring.
Dedicated to camera bodies featuring a Nikon Z mount, this BF-N1 Body Cap is designed to protect the interior of your camera when not in use.
Dedicated to the Nikon Z 7 and Z 6 mirrorless cameras, the DK-29 Rubber Eyecup is a spare or replacement item for the one originally included with the camera. This eyecup blocks stray light from causing glare and simultaneously improves viewing comfort.
The Retrospective 7M Shoulder Bag from Think Tank Photo stores and protects a DSLR or mirrorless camera with an attached 24-70mm lens, plus an additional 70-200mm lens, a flash, and additional accessories. Alternatively, you can fit a small drone with its controller and accessories in place of your camera equipment. The bag is designed to look like a shoulder bag rather than a camera bag, but it offers dedicated compartments for camera gear.
The bag is made of durable cotton canvas that has been treated for water resistance. It has a large flap with dual turn buckles to keep it securely closed and an interior nylon lining padded with closed-cell foam for protection. The main compartment has padded touch-fastening PE-reinforced dividers for organizing your gear. A large pocket under the flap will hold and organize memory cards, cables, your wallet, keys, and other smaller gear.
A pocket on the back of the bag holds papers and documents like boarding passes safely and securely with fast access to them. A water bottle/accessory pocket on the exterior can be collapsed and strapped tight to further minimize the profile. A simple webbing rail accommodates modular pouches or a carabineer, so you can further customize the bag to your needs and gear. Carry the Retrospective 7M by the padded removable top handle, or wear it with the adjustable padded shoulder strap. You can also attach it to the handle of a rolling carry-on bag. To further protect your valuable gear, a seam-sealed rain cover is included for wet weather conditions.