Capture images and video at depths down to 200' beneath the surface with this Ikelite Underwater Housing and Canon EOS Rebel T6i DSLR Camera Body Kit from B&H. This package bundles the #71718 waterproof enclosure from Ikelite with Canon's 24.2MP, APS-C camera. Grab your favorite lens, a corresponding port, and a strobe or video light and you'll be ready to begin your underwater adventure.
Ikelite Underwater Housing for Canon T6i with Dry Lock Port Mount
Capture sharp, detailed images and video at depths as great as 200' with your Canon EOS Rebel T6i DSLR camera, thanks to Ikelite's 200DL Underwater Housing with Dry Lock Port Mount. An Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional, external strobes. Use of an optional TTL hot shoe and circuitry will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes will still work in manual mode only.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers, afford access to most camera functions. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It's white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but the clear acrylic back plate allows you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The supplied aluminum tray has a quick release grip to improve balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm.
The housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various dome and flat ports for a broad array of zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses. For full compatibility, see the Port Chart. Ikelite's Dry Lock (DL) Port System accommodates lenses with large diameters, and provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before the dive. The DL port mount may be removed and replaced by an older one to allow you to use standard and modular ports from Ikelite's Four Lock system.
- Depth rating: 200'
- Made in USA from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic
- White on front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep camera cool when shooting on or above water's surface
- Clear back allows you to monitor O-ring seal and maintain view of camera's rear controls
- Housing alone has nearly neutral buoyancy in fresh water; overall system buoyancy varies based on choice of lens and port
- Open-groove design suspends rear O-ring in natural position, allowing for easier maintenance and preventing accidental twisting or stretching of O-ring
- Front-loading camera mounting system makes installation and removal easy
- Camera mounting plate enables quick installation and does not need to be removed in order for you to gain battery or memory card access
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead with manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional, external strobes via sync cords
- Optional # 46070 CT1K Canon TTL Kit (hot shoe and circuitry) will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes such as SEA&SEA, INON, and Retra will work in manual mode only
- TTL exposure compensation adjustable in-camera
- Flash units without sync cords may be triggered as slaves by hard-wired strobes
- Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering of additional flash units via Optical Slave Converter #4403 or Aquatica's Water Wizard system
- Flash bulkhead on to top of housing to prevent sync cord from getting in the way and to reduce strain
Controls and Handling
- Ergonomic controls afford access to key camera functions
- Following functions inaccessible: dioptric adjustment knob, flash button
- Control symbols laser-etched into rear of housing won't fade with time
- Anodized aluminum tray with a left-hand quick release grip affords good balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm
- Optional right-hand QR grip can be added to allow for a second lighting arm to be connected
- Camera mounting plate has 1/4"-20 threaded hole for connection to optional tripod
- 1/4"-20 threaded hole on housing above lens port for accessories like a focus light or GoPro camera
Lens Port System
- Dry Lock (DL) Port System accommodates lenses with large diameters
- Housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts interchangeable dome and flat ports for various zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses
- For full compatibility, see Port Chart linked above
- Accepts array of zoom and focus gears for various lenses
- Large, soft-touch knob on side of housing makes small adjustments easy
- Vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before dive (Separately sold #47011 Pump with Gauge required to create a vacuum)
- DL mount may be removed and replaced with old-style port locks to allow for mounting of standard or modular Four Lock ports; however, re-installation of DL base will require you to ship housing back to Ikelite or other authorized service center
Canon EOS Rebel T6i DSLR Camera (Body Only)
Packing a high resolution 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 6 Image Processor into a compact body is the EOS Rebel T6i DSLR Camera from Canon. This system enables shooting in a wide variety of conditions, from bright sunlight to dim indoor scenarios due to ISO performance of up to 12,800, which can be expanded to 25,600. The APS-C camera also has built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC that allows for wireless transfer of images and video to social networks and cloud storage via the Camera Connect mobile app. Also, NFC enables fast connection to mobile devices as well as the CS100 Connect Station.
Full HD video in MP4 format is possible with the T6i in addition to stills and it has Hybrid CMOS AF III for fast, accurate autofocus during movie shooting and during Live View. A vari-angle 3.0" 1.04M-dot ClearView II touchscreen LCD monitor on the rear of the camera allows for versatile positioning of the camera and clear viewing, even outdoors. Additionally, the EOS scene analysis system can detect near-infrared light and flickering light sources to provide the best information for metering the scene.
High speed continuous shooting at up to 5 fps ensures you will not miss a shot during fast action and this is benefited by the use of a 19-point all cross-type autofocus system. Creative filters are also available for preset looks for your photos and videos.
Product Advisory: In some units of the EOS Rebel T6i white spots may exist on the optical layer which may result in the appearance of dark circular patterns on the capture image under certain shooting conditions. Potentially affected units include cameras with serials numbers of "XXnnnnnnnnnn" in which XX is 01 or 02. These cameras will be inspected and repaired free of charge by Canon USA.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor & DIGIC 6 Image Processor
3.0" Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD Monitor
Full HD 1080p Video Capture
19-Point All Cross-Type AF System
Hybrid CMOS AF III
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- Continuous shooting rate of up to 5 fps.
- Creative filters during stills, video, and Live View shooting.
- Microphone jack for audio recording.