Capture beautiful photos and stunning 4K video at depths as great as 200' with the Ikelite Underwater Housing and Canon EOS R Mirrorless Digital Camera Body Kit from B&H. Bundling the durable waterproof enclosure with the 30.4MP digital SLR camera body, this package gets you well on your way to a photo or video adventure beneath the surface. Once you grab your favorite lens, the appropriate port, and a strobe or video light, you'll be ready to start your dive.
Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing for Canon EOS R Mirrorless Camera
Capture brilliant images at depths as great as 200' with your Canon EOS R Mirrorless Digital Camera in Ikelite's 200DL Underwater Housing, which features their Dry Lock Port Mount and vacuum valve. An Ikelite bulkhead with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional external strobes via sync cords. Using an optional TTL hot shoe and the CT2K Canon TTL Kit #46072 will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes will still work in manual mode only.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push buttons, dials, and levers, afford access to all essential camera functions. The spare M16 threaded accessory port provides an attachment point for third party accessories including HDMI bulkheads. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It is white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The supplied aluminum tray with a left-hand quick release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm.
The housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various, interchangeable dome and flat ports for a broad array of lenses. For full compatibility details, see the port chart. The DL port system accommodates lenses with large diameters, and provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before the dive. You'll need to pick up the required pump in order to remove excess air and actually create a vacuum.
- Depth rating of 200'
- Made by hand in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
- White on the front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep the camera cool when shooting at or above the water's surface
- Clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls
- Nearly neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- Open-groove design suspends the rear O-ring in the natural position, allowing for easier maintenance and preventing accidental twisting or stretching
- Front-loading mounting plate enables quick camera installation, and does not need to be removed in order for you to gain battery or memory card access
- Mounting plate has a 1/4"-20 threaded hole on the bottom for connection to an optional tripod
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of strobes
- Optional CT2K Canon TTL Kit #46072 enables TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- CT2K supports rear curtain synchronization and allows exposure compensation to be adjusted using the control in the camera
- Non-Ikelite strobes, such as those from Sea & Sea, INON, and Nikonos, will still work in manual mode only
Controls and Handling
- Shutter and AF-ON (back-button focus) levers are curved and extendable for comfortable use when holding the optional right-hand quick release grip
- Extra-large, soft-touch zoom knob is located next to the grip handle
- All push-button controls are machined and hard anodized aluminum to reduce weight and resist salt build-up
- Ergonomic mechanical push buttons, dials, and levers afford access to all camera functions except: multi-function bar, multi-function lock button, and diopter adjustment knob
- Control symbols are laser-etched into the back of the housing, so they won't fade or fall off with time
- Super-Eye Viewfinder enhances your view through the camera's OVF when you're wearing a mask
- You can remove the Super-Eye quickly if you'd like to attach the separately sold Straight or 45° Magnified Viewfinder instead
- Hard anodized aluminum tray with a left-hand quick release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm
- 1/4"-20 mounts and other mounting points enable connection to a tripod and the addition of accessories
- Another 1/4"-20 threaded mount is located front and center on the housing above the port mount, allowing for the attachment of a focus light, GoPro action camera, or other lightweight piece of equipment
Lens Port System
- Ships without a required lens port
- Accepts all Ikelite Dry Lock (DL) dome and flat ports, allowing you to shoot with a wide variety of lenses
- Zoom gears are available for many lenses
- For complete compatibility details, see the port chart linked above
- DL port system accommodates lenses with large diameters
- Provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve that helps you check watertight integrity before the dive
- #47011 pump is required in order to remove excess air and actually create a vacuum
Canon EOS R Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
The first step in Canon's mirrorless evolution, the EOS R pairs a redeveloped lens mount and updated full-frame image sensor for a unique and sophisticated multimedia camera system. Revolving around the new RF lens mount, the EOS R is poised to be the means from which to make the most of a new series of lenses and optical technologies.
Focusing on the camera itself, the EOS R features a high-resolution 30.3MP full-frame CMOS sensor along with a DIGIC 8 image processor. The combination of these technologies offers a wide sensitivity range up to a native ISO 40000, fast continuous shooting to 8 fps, and UHD 4K30 video recording. In addition to imaging, the sensor also facilitates an advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF system, which uses 5655 selectable points for quickly and accurately acquiring focus. This focusing system is also sensitive down to EV -6 for working in impressively dark conditions. The AF system is also perfectly matched to the UHD 4K video recording capabilities, which are also rounded out by Movie Digital IS to minimize camera shake, built-in Canon Log gamma for a greater dynamic range, and 4K 10-bit 4:2:2 output over HDMI for even greater color control.
Beyond the performance attributes, this camera has been designed from the ground up and features a high-resolution 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder for clear and bright eye-level viewing. Conversely, a rear 3.15" 2.1m-dot LCD touchscreen is also featured, and has a swivel design to suit working from high and low angles. Also catering to the tactile cravings is a Multi-Function bar, which is customizable for intuitively adjusting shooting settings. And as a camera built to withstand the toughest environments, the magnesium alloy body is dust and moisture-sealed.
Canon RF Lens Mount
30.3MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
UHD 4K Video Recording and Canon Log Gamma
Integrated Canon Log also allows users to capture flat images with an improved dynamic range of 800%, or 12 stops. This function makes it easier to match cameras in post-production as well as provides the most latitude and potential for color grading. For monitoring, a View Assist function is available, which emulates a graded look for more accurate viewing on the camera's LCD.
Audio can be recorded using the on-board stereo microphone or an optional external mic can also be used via the 3.5mm mic jack.
Dual Pixel RAW
- Integrated 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder has 0.71x magnification and affords a bright and clear means for eye-level viewing.
- Rear 3.15" 2.1m-dot LCD features a swivel design for easier use when working from high, low, and front-facing angles. It is also a touchscreen for intuitive control over shooting, playback, and menu navigation controls.
- Customizable Multi-Function Bar is located near the viewfinder on the rear of the camera, and can be set to control four functions using right, left, slide, and press movements. It can be used to adjust ISO or white balance, to check focus/display focus info or AF modes, change to movie shooting modes, use flexible-priority AE, or be customized for other functions.
- Top panel incorporates a dot-matrix LCD, which provides quick access to important camera settings.
- One SD memory card slot featured, and supports the UHS-II protocol for faster read and write speeds to better support 4K video recording and fast continuous shooting.
- Magnesium alloy body design is lightweight, durable, and features dust- and water-resistant seals for use in a variety of weather conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity enable wireless sharing, control, and image transfer with a compatible smart device via the Canon Camera Connect app, which also supports geotagging your files using your mobile device's location data.
- Included LP-E6N rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 430 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported via the PD-E1 USB Power Adapter. This camera is also compatible with the LP-E6 battery, however is not supported for in-camera charging.
Other Camera Features
- Digital Lens Optimizer helps to minimize the appearance of various optical aberrations in-camera, including diffraction, for cleaner image quality.
- Multi shot noise reduction technology records four sequential exposures and then combines them in-camera to produce an image with smoother tones and lower noise to suit long exposure images.
- Images can be saved as Compact Raw (C-RAW / .CR3) files, which offer smaller file sizes for faster post-processing.
- Language Support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Ukraine, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, and Japanese.