Capture images and full HD 4K30p video at depths as great as 200' with this Fantasea Limited Edition Underwater Housing and Sony RX100 VI Camera Kit from B&H Photo. Bundling Fantasea's dedicated underwater housing with the compatible 20.1 MP Sony point-and-shoot, this package lets you begin your photo or video adventures beneath the surface right away. To complete your setup, add an optional tray with a grip handle and a lighting arm, which will enable you to connect an external strobe or video light for improved illumination and color correction. You'll need this flash or video light once you descend to moderate depths and beyond.
Fantasea Line FRX100 VI Limited Edition Housing for Sony RX100 VI Camera (24-66mm Zoom)
Capture brilliant images as far as 200' beneath the waves with your Sony Cyber-shot RX100 VI digital camera in Fantasea Line's FRX100 VI Underwater Housing. An installed moisture detector alerts you in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal, so you can dive and shoot with peace of mind. Dual fiber-optic cable ports enable the connection of optional, external strobes for improved brightness and color accuracy, as well as reduced backscatter and shadows.
Ergonomic mechanical controls afford access to all essential camera functions. Built for durability, the housing has a shock- and corrosion-resistant polycarbonate body. The housing allows the lens of the RX100 VI to be used at focal lengths between 34 and 66mm (60mm when deeper than 131'). A built-in lens port with a flat front element and included cover accommodates and protects the camera's lens, and features 67mm threads for optional filters and wide-angle or macro "wet" conversion lenses.
On top of the housing, a cold-shoe mount enables you to connect an optional flash, video light, or focus light. A supplied diffuser softens the light of the camera's built-in flash, while also increasing the angle of coverage and minimizing backscatter, glare, and hard shadows. Additionally, the housing includes an anti-glare hood to shield the LCD screen from excess light, thus improving visibility.
- Depth rating of 200'
- Double main O-ring seal
- Installed moisture detector alerts you in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal
- Durable, injection-molded, shock- and corrosion-resistant polycarbonate body
- Anti-glare LCD hood blocks excess light to improve visibility
Controls and Handling
- Ergonomic mechanical controls, including dials and push buttons, allow access to all essential camera functions
- Controls are clearly labeled to avoid confusion and facilitate quick shooting
- Dedicated video control button for easy recording in any shooting mode
- Hand strap included for extra security when holding housing
- Built-in port with flat front element
- Permits lens operation from 24 to 66mm (60mm at depths greater than 131')
- 67mm threads enable attachment of optional wide-angle and macro "wet" conversion lenses
- Both types of lenses enable you to get closer to subjects, cutting down on amount of water between you and them to reduce distortion
- Accepts optional color-correction filters to restore colors that get absorbed by water
- Included port cover protects front element when not in use
- Dual fiber-optic cable ports enable connection of optional, external strobes for improved brightness and color accuracy
- Fiber-optic connector is removable, allowing use of camera's built-in flash
- Use supplied diffuser with built-in flash to increase angle of coverage and minimize/eliminate backscatter, glare, and hard shadows by softening light
- Cold shoe on top of housing provides mounting point for optional flash, video light, or focus light
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VI Digital Camera
Offering longer reach and improved performance, the Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VI from Sony is a pocket-sized powerhouse characterized by an impressive lineup of stills and video capabilities. Distinguished in the series by its extended zoom, the RX100 VI sports a 24-200mm-equivalent ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens covering wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths for greater shooting flexibility. Leveraging the most from the updated lens design is the 20.1MP 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor, along with an improved BIONZ X image processor, for fast shooting performance to 24 fps, high sensitivity to ISO 12800, and UHD 4K video recording. The sensor's design also provides a 315-point hybrid AF system for quick and accurate focus performance and subject tracking in both stills and video modes. A stacked design and front-end LSI also contribute to quickened operation and enhanced image quality. Video performance has been upgraded through the incorporation of S-Log3 and HLG gamma settings, and High Frame Rate shooting allows you to record at up to 960 fps for slow-motion playback.
Even with the integrated 24-200mm, the form factor of the RX100 VI remains nearly as compact as ever, but still without sacrificing on functionality. A pop-up 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder is a sleek means for eye-level viewing or, alternatively, a 3.0" 921.6k-dot LCD touchscreen can be used. The LCD features a tilting design to support working from high and low angles and its touch capability permits the use of Touch Focus and Touch Shutter functions. The camera also sports wireless connectivity for sharing imagery to a linked mobile device or for embedding location information from your smartphone.
20.1MP 1" Exmor RS CMOS Sensor & BIONZ X Image Processor
This sensor is paired with an updated BIONZ X image processor and front-end LSI, which dramatically improve the speed and throughput of the entire imaging system, enabling continuous shooting with AF/AE at up to 24 fps. An expanded buffer makes continuous shooting possible for longer bursts, up to 233 JPEGs. The front-end LSI and enhanced sensor performance also improve overall image quality, especially at higher sensitivities, by reducing noise and offering higher perceived resolution and color definition.
ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm Lens
The flexible reach is complemented by four stop-effective Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake to suit handheld shooting in low-light conditions. Additionally, Clear Image Zoom can also be used to further extend the effective reach of the zoom with nearly no image degradation.
Fast Hybrid AF System with 315 Phase-Detection Points
In order to make operation seamless, an accelerated display system offers reduced blackout for easier tracking when using either the EVF or LCD. Furthermore, an AF-A mode is available, which will allow the camera to automatically switch from AF-S and AF-C mode as the situation needs. Users can also display the phase-detection area to help users focus on their subject.
UHD 4K Video Recording
Affording extensive customizable color and gamma controls, the RX100 VI allows users to adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more. Also, users can use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high-end Sony Cinema cameras that squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional REC709, for increased post-production flexibility. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is also available, along with the BT.2020 color space, for recording within a wide color gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing an effective 14-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
Speed is also a huge advantage of the RX100 VI, and, in video, users will benefit from advanced High Frame Rate shooting and super slow motion. In Full HD, shooters will have access to a standard 120 fps setting that will enable outstanding slow motion when placed in editing software. In addition to this, the camera also offers a dedicated HFR mode that boosts the camera's frame rate to up to 960 fps.
A Photo Capture function is built directly into the camera, allowing shooters to quickly save an 8.29MP still from their UHD 4K movies. Full HD can also benefit from this feature, where users will be able to pull a 2MP still. Additionally, the camera is NTSC/PAL switchable, making it usable around the world.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Rear 3.0" 921.6k-dot tilting LCD now features a touchscreen design for intuitive operation, including the ability for working with Touch Focus, Touch Pad AF, and Touch Shutter functions. The screen's tilting design, which goes from 180° upward to 90° downward, also suits photographing from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Pop-up 0.39" XGA OLED electronic viewfinder offers a resolution of 2.36m dots for crisp, clear imagery. The EVF also uses a ZEISS T* coating, to ensure clarity from corner to corner, and has a one-push access design for more convenient switching between the LCD and EVF.
- A manual control ring surrounds the lens and features a smooth, click-less design for quick and quiet changing of settings. The ring can be assigned to control a variety of features, at different values, including zoom and aperture.
- Custom button and other programmable button can be set to one of over 40 functions for quick access to commonly used settings.
- Pop-up flash will help illuminate subjects in dimly-lit scenes.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables instant transferring of imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices, with no complex set-up required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and, using Smart Remote Control, remotely control the camera's shutter release. Additionally, connection to a smartphone using a QR code is also possible.
- Bluetooth connectivity, via the PlayMemories Mobile app, also allows you to embed location information into both stills and movie files for geotagging.
Other Camera Features
- Anti-Distortion electronic shutter can enable completely silent shooting as well as the ability to work at shutter speeds as fast as 1/32000 second. This shutter also keeps rolling shutter effects to an absolute minimum and enables photographers to work in bright light with wider apertures.
- The Fn menu can be accessed and edited immediately after continuous shooting, while data writing is still in progress.
- File name setting allows users to change the first three characters of the file name from DSC to three characters of their choice. Additionally, images shot in continuous mode can also be displayed, reviewed, and deleted in the groups they were shot for faster operation.
- Step Zoom lets you quickly change between five common focal lengths (24, 28, 35, 50, or 70mm) by rotating the control ring.
- Eye AF in AF-C mode will lock on and tack a subject's eye, even as the face moves.
- Users can set a minimum shutter speed when using ISO AUTO to help minimize shutter blur.
- Creative Style settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, and Style Box.
- Picture Effect modes: Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-Key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, and Illustration.
- Picture Profile parameters: Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3, HLG, HLG1, HLG2, HLG3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Depth, Color Phase, Detail, Copy and Reset.