This LEE100 Polarizer Filter from LEE Filters helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface while creating a warm cast over an entire image. This combined effect can be obtained under daylight when this filter is used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected. Mounted within a durable and lightweight fiberglass frame, the LEE100 Polarizer Filter is designed to snap directly onto a LEE Filters LEE100 Filter Holder's installed guide blocks, allowing it to be used without occupying any of the filter slots created by the guide blocks.
The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizer filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, providing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizer filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
For clarity and color fidelity, the LEE100 Polarizer Filter is constructed from optical glass and includes a padded pouch for storage and transport.
- Snap-on circular polarizer filter for separately available LEE Filters LEE100 Filter Holder
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface
- Can add a warming cast to an entire image under daylight when used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
- Polarizer filters arrange and filter directionally polarized light perpendicular to the reflected light, providing for the absorption of much of the light
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features
- 2.8x filter factor reduces exposure by approximately 1.5 stops
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity
- Lightweight and durable fiberglass filter frame
- Rotatable filter ring to adjust the intensity of the polarization effect
- Padded pouch for storage and transport