The Shure QLXD2/KSM9HS is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with QLX-D and ULX-D receivers. It comes equipped with a dual-diaphragm KSM9HS condenser capsule that captures sonic nuances with superior detail, delivering precise vocal reproduction for high-end live performance.
The KSM9HS capsule offers two switchable polar patterns to provide FOH engineers with more choices in dealing with varying environments or the microphone techniques of different performers. The hypercardioid pattern offers excellent off-axis rejection and extended gain before feedback, making it an ideal choice in loud environments. The subcardioid pattern provides a wide coverage angle with subtle off axis-rejection, resulting in a natural sound and minimized proximity effect.
The QLXD2/KSM9HS operates on a 44 MHz UHF tuning range with 1760 selectable frequencies available. It provides up to 9 hours of operation on two AA batteries, with a transmission range up to 330' and a selectable 1/10mW RF power output.
With a rugged, yet lightweight aluminum housing, the QLXD2/KSM9HS transmitter delivers pristine audio quality and RF performance, as well as AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission and advanced rechargeability options. It is well suited for sound reinforcement applications in medium-sized venues and houses of worship as well as A/V installations in conference, educational, and corporate facilities.
Clear, Accurate Audio with Interchangeable Capsule
- The unit delivers clear, reliable 24-bit/48 kHz digital audio.
- The KSM9HS capsule with dual 3/4” gold-layered, low-mass Mylar diaphragms provides a consistent frequency response.
- The mic features Class-A, discrete transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, and no crossover distortion.
- The integrated three-stage "pop" protection grille reduces plosives, wind, and other breath noise.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the KSM9HS capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including SM58, SM87A, Beta 58A, Beta 87C, KSM8 capsules, and more.
User-Friendly Features in a Rugged Housing
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- The adjustable input sensitivity on the transmitter accommodates mic levels ranging from booming voices to quiet speech.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorized changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, and RF output.
- 1/10mW selectable RF output power allows you to increase either the transmitter's range or the number of mics operating simultaneously.
Convenient Power Management Options
- Operates for up to 9 hours on two AA batteries.
- Optional Shure SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack offers intelligent power management with over 10 hours of battery life, precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging with the SBC200 dual-docking charger (available separately).
- The networkable SBC220 charger (available separately) allows for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.