The NiSi Solid Neutral Density Long-Exposure Filter Kit contains three filters that are compatible with filter holders that can accommodate 100mm-wide, 2mm-thick filters. Each filter can be used individually or in various combinations to create a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. By increasing your aperture or slowing your exposure time, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
This kit's NiSi 100 x 100mm Nano IRND 0.9, 1.8, and 3.0 Filters are ND filters that provide a respective 3-, 6-, and 10-stop exposure reduction. The design of these filters has been optimized for use with digital sensors and to promote nearly flat attenuation of visible and infrared light. Due to imaging sensors' greater susceptibility to infrared light, compared to traditional film, color casts can occur when photographing darker subjects that require increased exposure times. To provide a high level of neutrality across the visible and infrared spectrums in order to eliminate color casts and ensure cleaner, truer blacks, one layer of NiSi Optical Nano Coating is applied to each of these filter's surfaces. The nano coating associated with these filters also results in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil for greater cleaning efficiency.
An included NiSi Four-Filter Soft Case for 100mm Filters is designed to provide a secure and convenient transport and storage solution for any combination of up to four NiSi 100 x 100mm or 100 x 150mm filters. Filters placed within this pouch are each held within one of four nonabrasive slots. They can be easily accessed by opening the pouch's touch-tab fastened front flap.
When photographing with a tripod, a loop along the rear of the filter case allows it to be secured to one of the tripod's legs, putting your filters in more immediate reach. This pouch's exterior is woven from canvas for durability.
Also provided is a microfiber cloth for cleaning and maintenance of the filters, as well as three light-blocking gaskets. Each of these gaskets can be used to form a seal that is intended to prevent stray light, which could have unwanted effects on exposure, from coming in between a filter and the lens behind it.
NiSi 100 x 100mm Nano IRND 0.9, 1.8, and 3.0 Filters
- Compatible with filter holders that can accommodate 100mm-wide, 2mm-thick filters
- Darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required
- Providing a respective 3-, 6-, and 10-stop exposure reduction, these filters allow you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily
- Filters do not affect coloration of the image and are ideal for use with other filters
- Each filter's surfaces include one layer of NiSi Optical Nano Coating that attenuates infrared light as well as visible wavelengths to maintain color neutrality and suppress color casts due to increased exposure times
- Nano coatings provide an improved beading effect with water or oil for more efficient cleaning
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity
NiSi Four-Filter Soft Case for 100mm Filters
- Designed to accommodate up to four 100 x 100mm or 100 x 150mm filters
- Nonabrasive interior lining
- When photographing with a tripod, rear loop allows placement on one of the tripod's legs, putting filters in more immediate reach
- Touch-tab fastened closure