From the forest to the mountains to the concrete jungle, Vanguard designed the 45° angled viewing Vesta 460A 15-50x60 Spotting Scope, featuring the broadest magnification range in the series, to provide power and performance to new and experienced users alike for hunting, birding, and general glassing in all environments.
Utilizing a generous 60mm objective lens and their Advanced MultiGuard lens coating system boosts its performance in low and challenging conditions while ensuring the views remain bright and clear, even when the magnification is dialed all the way up. Its broad zoom range allows you to enjoy a 125-foot field of view and more easily scan the landscape for targets at the low 15x with the ability to quickly dial up the power to an impressive 50x and make detailed observations of distant subjects.
The chassis is made of a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy that is protected by a black rubber armor. The chassis is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging even in extreme weather and temperature conditions. The angled-viewing configuration sets the eyepiece at a 45° angle to the scope's body, which places your head in a more comfortable viewing position versus straight-through viewing models. A 1/4"-20 mount makes it compatible with many tripods, quick release plates, and other popular support systems like window mounts, and Vanguard includes a compact tabletop tripod to get you observing right out of the box. A lightweight carrying bag makes it easy to take with you in the field.
- Powerful 15-50x zoom eyepiece allows you to make observations at low magnification with the ability to zoom in for detailed views
- Large 60mm objective lens helps to ensure views remain bright and clear, even when viewing subjects at long range on maximum magnification and in challenging light conditions
- Advanced MultiGuard coating system: Proprietary formula for their fully multi-coated optics maximizes light transmission to produce bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate color and improved resolution
- 125-foot field of view at 1000 yards at 15x power, 57-foot at 50x
Use and Handling
- The eyepiece is set at a 45° angle to the optical tube, placing the user's head in a comfortable viewing position while standing, sitting, or lying prone
- Fold-down rubber eyecup for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Standard 1/4"-20 mount is compatible with most quick release plates, heads, and photo/video/field tripods and other support systems
- 11mm eye relief
- 4mm exit pupil at 15x magnification will completely cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light
- Lightweight and durable aluminum-alloy chassis
- Black rubber armor protects the optical tube from impacts and bumps while providing a sure grip during setup and breakdown—even in cold and wet conditions
- Optical tube is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging in extreme conditions
- Compact design measures just over 10" in length
- Tabletop tripod outfitted with a simple-to-use head, anti-slip rubber feet, and legs that open simultaneously for faster setup
- Lightweight carrying bag holds the spotting scope and tripod for easier carrying to the range or in the field