Capture 20.4MP photos and 4K video deep beneath the surface with this Nimar Underwater Housing and Olympus EM1 Mark II Camera Body Kit from B&H. The housing is depth-rated to 328', features fiber optic and sync cord strobe connectors, and provides mechanical control of the camera's functions. The camera features 5-axis sensor stabilization, 15-fps shooting, sensitivity up to ISO 25600, and a Vari-Angle touchscreen. Once you grab your favorite lens, the appropriate port, and a strobe or video light, you'll be ready to start your dive.
Nimar Underwater Housing for Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II
With your Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Mirrorless MFT Camera in this white Nimar Underwater Housing, you can capture images of coral, blue hippo tang fish, and whale sharks at depths as great as 328'. The enclosure features a moisture alarm that alerts you in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal. A manual, 5-pin Nikonos bulkhead enables the connection of optional external strobes via sync cords. Additionally, dual fiber-optic ports allow for strobe connection via cables and the required Nimar trigger.
Mechanical controls afford access to all camera functions, while a bracket with dual ergonomic grips improves handling and provides attachment points for optional lighting arms. A removable eyepiece helps you compose shots through the camera's viewfinder. The housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts interchangeable ports for several lenses. For complete compatibility details, see the list below.
Built for durability, the housing is constructed from corrosion-resistant Delrin acetal resin. Stainless-steel latches with safety clips ensure that the enclosure stays shut during your dive.
- Depth rating: 328'
- Moisture alarm alerts you in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal
- Made from durable, corrosion-resistant Delrin acetal resin
- Three stainless-steel latches with safety clips ensure that the enclosure stays shut during your dive
Controls and Handling
- Mechanical push-buttons, dials, and levers afford access to all camera functions
- Aluminum bracket with dual ergonomic grips improves handling and provides attachment points for optional lighting arms
- Removable eyepiece with 1.5x magnification helps you compose shots through the camera's viewfinder
- Ships without a required lens port, and accepts interchangeable, bayonet-mount ports for several lenses:
- NI35O 5" Glass Dome for Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO
- NI34OL 5" Glass Dome for Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f/4-5.6
- NI37P Flat Port for Panasonic Lumix G 25mm f/1.7 ASPH, Lumix G Macro 30mm f/2.8 ASPH OIS, Leica DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 ASPH, and Leica DG MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm f/2.8 ASPH, as well as Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm f/1.8 and Digital ED 30mm f/3.5 Macro
- Compatible with METAEXT Extension Ring for Metabones T Speed Booster XL 0.64x Adapter
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Manual, 5-pin Nikonos bulkhead enables the connection of optional external strobes via sync cords
- Dual fiber-optic ports allow for strobe connection via cables, which transfer a light signal to the external flash units to facilitate triggering
- As the camera does not have a built-in flash, the use of fiber-optic cables requires the purchase of a special trigger from Nimar
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Black, Body Only)
Fast, durable, and versatile, the black OM-D E-M1 Mark II from Olympus is a workhorse Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera, offering a broad range of stills and video-minded functionality. Revolving around a high-resolution 20.4MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the E-M1 Mark II sports a truly fast 60 fps continuous shooting rate with an electronic shutter, 18 fps with continuous autofocus, and 15 fps with a mechanical shutter. For video shooters, both DCI and UHD 4K recording modes can be used, along with a Time-lapse Movie mode for producing in-camera 4K time-lapse sequences. The sensor and processor also avail a top expanded sensitivity of ISO 25600 to support shooting in difficult lighting conditions, and sensor-shift-type 5-axis image stabilization also helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the sensor's design also incorporates 121 on-chip phase-detection points, all of which are cross-type, along with 121 contrast-detection areas for fast and precise focusing and subject tracking performance.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the E-M1 Mark II also sports a durable magnesium alloy design that is weather-resistant for working in harsh climates. The body also features both a 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder and 3.0" 1.04m-dot vari-angle LCD touchscreen for intuitive control and working from a variety of angles. Built-in Wi-Fi further expands sharing and remote shooting capabilities, and dual SD card slots and a USB 3.0 Type C port expand file saving and tethered shooting options.
20.4MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Image Processor
DCI and UHD 4K Video Recording and Time-Lapse Movie Mode
In addition to video recording, a Time-lapse Movie mode is also available for recording up to 4K UHD resolution with a 5 fps shooting rate to highlight subject changes or movement over a longer period of time. Full HD and HD time-lapse settings are available, too.
Pro Capture Mode
Dual F.A.S.T. Autofocus and Focus Controls
5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder is available for eye-level monitoring, and an S-OVF (Simulated Optical Viewfinder) mode can be used to expand the live view dynamic range to suit working in bright, contrast-rich lighting.
- Rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD features a vari-angle design to support working from a variety of angles, as well as making front-facing selfies.
- Magnesium-alloy body design is hermetically-sealed for resistance against dust and moisture to better enable working in harsh environments, as well as freezing temperatures down to 14°F.
- The included FL-LM3 external flash is also dust and splashproof to match the camera's resistance to harsh weather.
- Dual SD memory card slots afford greater flexibility in regard to how files are saved, and also enable a greater overall capacity for longer shooting sessions.
- USB 3.0 Type-C port avails fast connection and transfer speeds, as well as enables tethered shooting capabilities with Olympus Capture.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet.
Other Camera Features
- High Res Shot Mode offers the equivalent output of a 50MP image by combining eight single JPEG frames, which are recorded within one second, into a single, larger image. In between each of the eight exposures, the sensor-shift stabilization mechanism moves slightly in order to acquire more information than in a single exposure and these frames are then composited into a final JPEG with greater resolution and color detail. The TruePic VIII processor aids this process by compensating for any subject movement blur and this feature can also be configured to record 25MP images for file size flexibility.
- Silent Shutter Mode completely eliminates shutter noise and other electronic sounds to benefit working in nature, concert halls, or other sound-sensitivity locations.
- Live Bulb and Live Time settings can be used to produce creative long exposure imagery. Live Bulb lets you hold the shutter open for up to one minute and Live Time lets you press the shutter button once to open the shutter and then press again within a minute to end the exposure.
- Live Composite is a unique long exposure mode that allows you to gradually build up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works to only record newly detected light sources over time, and allows you to watch as an image develops, making it ideally suited for photographing star trails or other moving light sources.
- Interval shooting is supported for up to 999 frames with 1 second to 24-hour exposure intervals.
- In-Camera Focus Stacking will automatically record eight images of a subject while shifting the plane of focus slightly, then composite these exposures into a single frame to exhibit an extended depth of field. Alternatively, Focus Bracketing allows you to record between 3-999 frames with adjustable focus steps in a 1-10 range for manual compositing during post-production. These modes are only available when working with M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro, 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO, 30mm f/3.5 Macro, 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO, 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO, and 300mm f/4 IS PRO lenses.
- Picture Modes: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e Portrait, Underwater, and Art Filters.
- Fourteen different in-camera Art Filters are available, and include Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, Watercolor, Vintage, and Partial Color, and these modes can be further adjusted through the use of Art Effects, which include a Soft Focus Effect, Pin-Hole Effect, White Edge Effect, Frame Effect, Star Light Effect, Defocus Effect, B&W Effect (Yellow, Orange, Red, and Green), Picture Tone (Sepia, Blue, Purple, and Green), and Shade Effect (Top & Bottom, Left & Right).
- Keystone Compensation allows you to correct for convergence when working in live view.
- A multi-exposure mode blends two frames using an auto gain to maintain a controlled exposure value.
- Language support: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Rumanian, Indonesian, Malay, and Thai.