Capture 20.2MP photos and Full HD video beneath the surface with this Nimar Underwater Housing and Canon EOS 7D Mark II Camera Body with Wi-Fi Adapter Kit from B&H. The housing is depth-rated to 197' and provides mechanical control of key camera functions and a sync cord connector for external strobes. The Canon EOS 7D Mark II features built-in Wi-Fi via the W-E1 adapter, 16000 ISO sensitivity extendable to 51200, 65-point autofocus, 10-fps shooting and much more. Add a lens, the appropriate port, and a strobe or video light, and you're ready to make beautiful underwater images and video.
Nimar Underwater Housing for Canon EOS 7D Mark II
You can capture beautiful images of coral reefs, parrot fish, and humpback whales at depths as great as 197', thanks to Nimar's dedicated Underwater Housing for your Canon EOS 7D Mark II DSLR camera. It features a moisture alarm that alerts you immediately in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal. A manual, 5-pin Nikonos connector enables the attachment of optional external strobes via sync cords.
Mechanical controls afford access to virtually all camera functions. The housing is equipped with a removable eyepiece with 1.5x magnification, which enhances your visibility when composing shots through the camera's viewfinder. Dual ergonomic grips improve handling while providing attachment points for optional lighting arms. The enclosure ships without a required lens port, and accepts interchangeable ports for various lenses. For complete compatibility details, see the list below.
Built for durability, the housing is made from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is clear to allow you to monitor the camera and O-ring seal. Four stainless steel latches with safety clips ensure a secure closure.
- Depth rating: 197'
- Made from durable, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate
- Clear to allow you to monitor the camera and O-ring seal
- Moisture alarm alerts you in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal, giving you time to get to the surface and prevent damage to your camera and lens
- Four AISI 316 stainless steel latches with safety clips ensure a secure closure
Controls and Handling
- Mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knobs, and a lever, afford access to virtually all camera functions: shutter, video recording, live view, mode dial, mode dial lock release, quick control dial, quick control button, multi-controller, menu, set, AF on / start, AF point selection, AE lock, creative photo / comparative playback, index / magnify / reduce, playback, and delete
- Equipped with a removable eyepiece with 1.5x magnification, which enhances visibility when composing shots through the camera's viewfinder
- Dual ergonomic grips improve balance and handling underwater, while providing T-mounts for optional lighting arms
- Ships without a required lens port, and accepts interchangeable bayonet-mount ports for various lenses:
- NI38C Flat Port for Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II/II USM/IS/IS II/IS STM, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 DC III, 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM, and 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro lenses, as well as the Sigma MACRO 50mm f/2.8 EX DG
- NI320 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM, 28mm f/2.8 IS USM, 35mm f/2 IS USM, and 50mm f/1.4 USM
- NI31 6" Polycarbonate Dome for Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye
- NI31C 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon 8-15mm f/4 L USM Fisheye
- NI32 Flat Port for Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM and 100mm f/2.8 L Macro IS USM, Sigma 105mm f/2.8 Macro DG OS HSM, and Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
- NI32MF Flat Port with Manual Focus for Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L Macro IS USM
- NI33 Flat Port for Canon EF-S 18-135 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS / IS STM / IS USM
- NI33C Flat Port for Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM
- NI33C1 for Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II USM
- NI34C1 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
- NI34C2 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM
- NI34CA Flat Port for Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
- NI35C Flat Port for Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L USM, 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM, and 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
- NI35C1 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L USM, 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM, and 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
- NI35CA Flat Port for Canon EF 17-40mm f/4 L USM
- NI35CA1 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon EF 17-40mm f/4 L USM
- NI36C Flat Port for Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
- NI36CA Flat Port for Canon EF 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- NI37C Flat Port for Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM and EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro, as well as Sigma MACRO 50mm f/2.8 EX DG
- NI46C 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
- NI31A 6" Polycarbonate Dome for Sigma 15mm f/2.8 EX DC DIAGONAL Fisheye HSM
- NI31S 6" Polycarbonate Dome for Sigma 10mm f/2.8 EX DC Diagonal Fisheye HSM
- NI32S Flat Port for Sigma MACRO 105mm f/2.8 EX DG
- NI46S 5" Optical Glass Dome for Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6 EX DC/HSM
- NI47S Flat Port for Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC MACRO and 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC MACRO
- NI47S1 Flat Port for Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC MACRO HSM/C
- NI46S1 5" Optical Glass Dome for Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC
- NI47T Flat Port for Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF)
- NIMD 4" Glass Dome for Tokina Fisheye 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 DX
- NI35TO 5" Optical Glass Dome for Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II
- NI35TO1 5" Optical Glass Dome for Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX
- NI46TO 5" Optical Glass Dome for Tokina AT-X 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 DX Fisheye/NH
Zoom rings/gears are available for lenses with variable focal lengths
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Manual, 5-pin Nikonos connector enables the attachment of optional external strobes via sync cords
Canon EOS 7D Mark II DSLR Camera Body with W-E1 Wi-Fi Adapter
An already very capable imaging machine, the EOS 7D Mark II DSLR Camera Body with W-E1 Wi-Fi Adapter from Canon takes the camera's capabilities up a notch with the inclusion of an SD-card-sized item that adds Wi-Fi connectivity to the camera.
Designed with a penchant for speed, the 7D Mark II is characterized by its APS-C-sized 20.2MP CMOS sensor, dual DIGIC 6 image processors, and a top continuous shooting rate of 10 fps. Both a 65-point all cross-type phase-detection AF system and Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology benefit fast, accurate focusing performance for both optical viewfinder and live view shooting. Additionally, the combination of the dual image processors along with the CMOS sensor also contribute to enhanced low-light sensitivity to a native ISO 16000, which is further expandable to ISO 51200. The 7D Mark II comfortably performs in a range of challenging situations, and while ideally situated as a tool for sports and wildlife photographers, it resides equally as well in the hands of contemporary multimedia image-makers.
Complementing the 7D Mark II's still imaging assets, support for recording full HD 1080p video is available, in multiple frame rates up to 60 fps. Beyond saving to internal memory cards, uncompressed video can also be recorded to optional external recorders via an HDMI connection. Custom Movie Servo AF, which is aided by the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system, serves to highlight movie recording abilities by enabling controllable speed and sensitivity settings for continuous focusing with moving subjects.
Housing the robust set of imaging capabilities is an equally robust dust and weather-sealed magnesium alloy body, which contains a durable shutter mechanism tested for up to 200,000 actuations. A fixed 3.0" 1.04m-dot Clear View II LCD screen is incorporated into the design, along with a bright Intelligent Viewfinder II optical finder, for versatile monitoring and playback abilities. Customizable buttons are placed about the body for personalized control over different settings and a built-in GPS module automatically embeds location data into files for geotagging images when shooting.
20.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors
The dual processor design further benefits the imaging system through the addition of speed, which avails 10 fps continuous shooting for over 1000 JPEGs, 31 RAW, or 19 RAW+JPEG files, along with a top shutter speed of 1/8000 sec. and a top flash sync speed of 1/250 sec. Additionally, a shutter lag time of 0.055 sec. and a start-up time of just 0.1 sec. help keep the camera ready to perform when desired.
65-Point All Cross-Type AF System
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, focusing is smooth and natural when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
EOS HD Video
When recording video, customizable Movie Servo AF can be utilized to adjust the focusing location, speed, and tracking intervals for fluid and smooth AF quality. Support is also available for STM lenses, which deliver exceptionally quiet and smooth focusing to benefit the overall quality of movies.
In-camera audio is recorded using the Linear PCM format for MOV files, or the AAC format for MP4 files, and support is available for utilizing an optional external microphone during recording. Additionally, a headphone input is also available for real-time audio monitoring.
Scene Detection System and Exposure Metering
Other Camera Features
- A built-in intervalometer permits the creation of time lapse imagery and supports recording 1-99 consecutive frames in pre-selected intervals.
- The bulb shutter speed setting enables you to keep the shutter open as long as desired for an expanded range of creative exposure capabilities.
- An integrated GPS Receiver automatically records location data with each exposure, including longitude and latitude, elevation, and UTC time as EXIF data, and also provides a digital compass. Movement can also be tracked at set intervals to showcase your routes taken during shooting.
- Advanced mirror vibration control technology supports the 7D Mark II's exceptional continuous shooting speeds and helps to maintain consistent results during shooting bursts.
- A flicker detection system can automatically warn you, in the viewfinder, when a flickering light source has been detected. The effects of these light sources can be compensated for using the Anti-Flicker Shooting function, which will automatically record images only during instances of peak light volume. This system is especially useful for reducing inconsistent exposure or color results, which are prevalent when continuously shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- In-camera correction for a variety of lens aberrations is possible, including the ability to control peripheral illumination, chromatic aberration, and other distortions. When working in live view, the Image Simulation Function can be utilized to monitor the effects of distortion correction for fine-tuning your results.
- A USB 3.0 terminal is available for expedited transfer speeds between the camera and a computer or the optional WFT-E7 (Version 2) for Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Picture Style modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera and include Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and up to three User Defined settings.
- Language support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.