Capture 24.2MP photos and Full HD 1080p video deep below the surface with this Nimar Underwater Housing and Canon EOS 77D Camera Body Kit from B&H. The 197' depth-rated housing has dual side grips, mechanical control of camera functions, and fiber optic ports for external flash. The camera offers 45-point all cross-type phase-detect autofocus, 6-fps shooting, sensitivities up to ISO 51200, a tilting touchscreen and much more. Add a lens, the appropriate port, and a strobe or video light, and you're ready to make beautiful underwater images and video.
Nimar Underwater Housing for Canon EOS 77D (White)
With your Canon EOS 77D DSLR Camera in this Nimar Underwater Housing, you can capture beautiful images of coral, blue hippo tang fish, and whale sharks at depths as great as 197'. The enclosure features a moisture alarm that alerts you in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal. Your camera's built-in flash can trigger optional external strobes via cables connected to the housing's dual fiber-optic ports. As an alternative, the M14 port allows for the addition of an optional bulkhead connector to enable the hard-wiring of a strobe using a sync cord.
Mechanical controls afford access to virtually all camera functions, while dual ergonomic grips improve handling and provide attachment points for optional lighting arms. A removable eyepiece with 1.5x magnification helps you compose shots through the camera's viewfinder. The housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts interchangeable ports for many different lenses. Please see the complete list of compatible models below.
Built with durability in mind, the housing is crafted from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is white on the front, top, and sides, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the camera and O-ring seal. Stainless-steel latches with safety clips ensure that the enclosure stays shut during your dive.
- Depth rating: 197'
- Moisture alarm alerts you in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal, so you can get to the surface before your camera and lens sustain any damage
- Made from corrosion-resistant Bayer Makrolon polycarbonate, which is white on the front, top, and sides, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and camera
- Stainless-steel latches with safety clips ensure that the housing remains shut while submerged
Controls and Handling
- Mechanical push-buttons, dials, and a lever afford access to virtually all camera functions, including power on/off, shutter, live view, video recording, main command dial, quick control, AF-ON, AF start, AF mode, AF point selection, AE lock/FE lock, playback, set, menu, white balance, picture style, drive mode, info, index, reduce, magnify, and delete
- Dual ergonomic grips improve handling and provide attachment points for optional lighting arms
- Removable eyepiece with 1.5x magnification helps you compose shots through the camera's viewfinder
- Ships without a required lens port, and accepts interchangeable, bayonet-mount ports for many different lenses:
- NI38C Flat Port for Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II/II USM/IS/IS II/IS STM, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 DC III, 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM, and 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro, as well as Sigma MACRO 50mm f/2.8 EX DG
- NI320 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM, 28mm f/2.8 IS USM, 35mm f/2 IS USM, and 50mm f/1.4 USM
- NI31 6" Polycarbonate Dome for Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye
- NI31C 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon 8-15mm f/4 L USM Fisheye
- NI32 Flat Port for Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM and 100mm f/2.8 L Macro IS USM, as well as Sigma 105mm f/2.8 Macro DG OS HSM and Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
- NI32MF Flat Port with Manual Focus for Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L Macro IS USM
- NI33 Flat Port for Canon EF-S 18-135 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS / IS STM / IS USM
- NI33C Flat Port for Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM
- NI33C1 for Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II USM
- NI34C1 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
- NI34C2 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM
- NI34CA Flat Port for Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
- NI35C Flat Port for Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L USM, 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM, and 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
- NI35C1 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L USM, 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM, and 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
- NI35CA Flat Port for Canon EF 17-40mm f/4 L USM
- NI35CA1 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon EF 17-40mm f/4 L USM
- NI36C Flat Port for Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
- NI36CA Flat Port for Canon EF 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- NI37C Flat Port for Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM and EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro, as well as Sigma MACRO 50mm f/2.8 EX DG
- NI46C 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
- NI31A 6" Polycarbonate Dome for Sigma 15mm f/2.8 EX DC DIAGONAL Fisheye HSM
- NI31S 6" Polycarbonate Dome for Sigma 10mm f/2.8 EX DC Diagonal Fisheye HSM
- NI32S Flat Port for Sigma MACRO 105mm f/2.8 EX DG
- NI46S 5" Optical Glass Dome for Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6 EX DC/HSM
- NI47S Flat Port for Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC MACRO and 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC MACRO
- NI47S1 Flat Port for Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC MACRO HSM/C
- NI46S1 5" Optical Glass Dome for Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC
- NI47T Flat Port for Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF)
- NIMD 4" Glass Dome for Tokina Fisheye 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 DX
- NI35TO 5" Optical Glass Dome for Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II
- NI35TO1 5" Optical Glass Dome for Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX
- NI46TO 5" Optical Glass Dome for Tokina AT-X 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 DX Fisheye/NH
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Camera's built-in flash can trigger optional external strobes via cables connected to the housing's dual fiber-optic ports
- M14 port allows for the addition of an optional bulkhead connector for hard-wiring a strobe with a sync cord
Canon EOS 77D DSLR Camera (Body Only)
Comprising a versatile feature-set for both still photography and video recording, the EOS 77D DSLR from Canon blends advanced imaging capabilities with an intuitive design. Revolving around a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor, images can be recorded using a broad native sensitivity range of ISO 100-25600, to suit shooting in a variety of lighting conditions, and a continuous shooting rate of 6 fps benefits working with moving subjects. The sensor's design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which uses phase-detection autofocus for quick, accurate, and smooth performance to suit both video shooting and stills use in live view. Alternatively, a 45-point all cross-type phase-detect AF system is also featured for shooting stills using the optical pentamirror viewfinder.
In regard to the physical design, a large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD is featured for easy settings and playback control and live view monitoring, and it uses a vari-angle design to permit easier viewing from high and low working angles. A top LCD screen is also incorporated into the design for quickly recognizing your shooting settings, and a rear Quick Control dial affords more intuitive settings navigation. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC is available for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
45-Point All Cross-Type AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Full HD 1080p Video Recording
Unique to most video recording systems, the 77D also features an HDR Movie mode that can be used to achieve greater highlight and shadow detail when recording in high contrast scenarios. This mode captures two HD frames at different exposures, one normal and one underexposed, in short succession at up to 60 fps and then composites them during playback at 30 fps to create a movie with a longer-appearing dynamic range.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a vari-angle design to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Optical pentamirror viewfinder serves a clear means for eye-level shooting.
- Top LCD screen allows you to quickly recognize and adjust shooting settings.
- Rear Quick Control dial can be used to adjust camera settings in a more intuitive and direct manner.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Included LP-E17 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 820 shots per charge.
Other Camera Features
- A 7560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor benefits both autofocus and exposure metering precision and enables Color Tracking for more accurately detecting skin colors.
- Picture Style modes: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and User-Defined settings.
- Language support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.