Capture 45.7MP photos and UHD 4K30 at the surface or beneath the waves with this Nimar Water Sports Housing with Side & Pistol Grips and Nikon Z 7 Camera Body Kit from B&H. The 98' depth-rated housing has a pistol grip with shutter and focus buttons, side grips for comfortable handling, and mechanical control of key camera functions. The camera offers 9-fps shooting, sensitivities up to ISO 25600, 493-point autofocus, and much more. Add a lens, the appropriate port, and a strobe or video light, and you're ready to create beautiful underwater images and video.
Nimar Water Sports Camera Housing for Nikon Z6 & Z7 with Side & Pistol Grips
Capture striking images and video of aquatic sports and the underwater world with the Nimar Water Sports Housing for the Nikon Z6 & Z7 camera. The pistol grip is equipped with push-button focus and shutter controls, and the dual side grips provide for stable handling and attachment of lights or strobes.
The housing features a depth rating of 98' for shooting well below the surface or in shallower depths for activities such as surfing or water-skiing. Mechanical controls, including push buttons, dials/knobs, and a lever, enable access to essential camera functions. Built for durability, the Water Sports Housing is constructed from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate with a clear back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and the camera. The built-in moisture alarm will alert you in the unlikely event of a breach in the seal, giving you time to get out of the water to prevent damage to your camera and lens. The enclosure ships without a required lens port and accepts interchangeable ports for various lenses. For lens and port compatibility, see the Port Chart. An optional sync connector can be installed to allow for the attachment of an external strobe.
- Depth Rating: 98'
- Made from durable, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate with clear back to monitor O-ring seal and camera
- Moisture alarm alerts you in unlikely event of a breach in seal, providing time to prevent damage to camera and lens
Controls and Handling
- Mechanical control of shutter, movie record, live view, command dial, i menu, multi-selector, playback
- Focus and shutter control buttons on pistol grip
- Grips on both sides offer stable handling and attachment points for lights/strobes
Lens Port System
- Ships without required lens port and accepts series of interchangeable ports for a broad array of lenses; see Port Chart linked above
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Optional 5-pin, chromed brass connector can be installed to allow for attachment of an external strobe via sync cord
Nikon Z 7 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
Nikon has taken the next step in their imaging journey with the Z 7 Mirrorless Camera, dubbed "The Perfectionist," and the revolutionary Z System. This high-resolution FX-format camera introduces the Z Mount, a large diameter design with a short 16mm flange distance that allows Nikon to create compact, yet powerful cameras and develop more advanced optics. The Z 7 is among the first in the series, and brings with it a 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor and EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine, delivering outstanding image quality and speed with a native sensitivity range of ISO 64-25600.
On the sensor you will find an advanced phase-detect autofocus system using 493 points covering 90% of the image area and the sensor features 5-axis Vibration Reduction technology for stabilized photos and video regardless of the lens used. This advanced hybrid AF system will also benefit video. The Z 7 features UHD 4K recording at up to 30p and can use the N-Log gamma profile along with the camera's 10-bit HDMI output to create cinema-quality video. The camera's high-resolution sensor also permits the use of an 8K Time-Lapse mode.
As with many mirrorless systems, the Z Series boasts a much more compact form factor than its DSLR counterparts. The Z 7 is no exception with its slimmed down design and lighter build, though it maintains the weather sealing and ergonomics for which Nikon is known. The camera features multiple displays and screens for ease of use, including a 0.80x 3.6m-dot EVF with NIKKOR optics and a Fluorine coating, ensuring clear viewing. The rear of the camera is equipped with a 3.2" 2.1m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD while the top offers a dot-matrix OLED for quickly checking settings. For storage, the Z 7 has a single XQD card slot that is compatible with CFexpress for faster speeds in the future. Additionally, the body is equipped with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Nikon Z System
45.7MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Processor
4K UHD Video Recording and 8K Time-Lapse
Advanced video functionalities have been added with the Z 7. This includes the N-Log gamma for capturing flat-looking footage that maximizes dynamic range. Other additions are the ability to output high-quality 10-bit data over HDMI and an Electronic VR function for smooth handheld shooting. Focus Peaking can be used to benefit manual focus control and a Zebra Stripes option is also available to help detect over-exposed areas within the frame. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality, and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.
The Z 7 also blends both still and video capabilities with the ability to produce 8K time-lapses using the Interval Timer Mode or in-camera 4K time-lapse movies, with the ability to record up to 9999 exposures for either method. This system also makes use of a silent interval timer, which produces no shutter noise, does not contribute to wear on the shutter mechanism, and is energy efficient to maximize battery life.
493-Point Phase-Detect AF System
- Built-in to the body is a 5-axis sensor-shift Vibration Reduction mechanism for up to 5 stops of stabilization regardless of the lens used. This system also works with adapted lenses when using the optional FTZ Adapter where 3-axis stabilization is used.
- A large 3.2" 2.1m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to benefit working from both high and low angles, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a high 0.80x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image. The finder also has a Fluorine coating for easier cleaning.
- The top panel of the Z 7 is configured with a dot-matrix OLED. This low-energy display provides quick access to important camera settings.
- Configured with one XQD memory card slot, the camera will be able to quickly save images. The slot is compatible with CFexpress, enabling support for future media.
- A robust magnesium-alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The ergonomic grip and overall form factor is shaped to benefit handling for extended periods of time and is further accentuated by an anti-slip material and a joystick for seamless settings and focus point selection.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Included EN-EL15b rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 330 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported. This camera is also compatible with EN-EL15 and EN-EL15a batteries, however do not support in-camera charging.