Designed to commemorate the International Year of Astronomy, the Sky-Watcher USA Heritage 130mm f/5 Tabletop Reflector Telescope is the ideal combination of power and portability for general all-around astronomy.
The telescope is built using a truss tube system that allows the optical tube assembly (OTA) to be closed to about half its length during transport and storage, with the ability to be opened quickly and easily without having to collimate the mirrors so you can observing quickly. Optically, the Heritage is outfitted with a large 130mm aperture and aluminized paraboloidal mirrors that draw in the light required to make detailed observations of the moon and planets, with the ability to reach outside our solar system to see bright deep-sky objects.
The optical tube is supported by a manual alt-azimuth tabletop mounting system. This mount allows you to set up the scope just about anywhere—from a patio or picnic table to a tailgate or car hood. Rubber feet not only provide a sure footing but offer natural vibration suppression so views remain clear and steady even when people are walking past or there is heavy vehicular traffic. When you need to pack up and go home, simply collapse the tube, rotate it down to minimize the form factor, and grab the mount's integrated handle so you can carry it safely and securely. To get you observing right out of the box, Sky-Watcher includes two eyepieces and a red dot finder.
Optical Tube Assembly
- Large 130mm aperture allows users to observe the moon and planets with the ability to reach outside the solar system and view deep-sky objects like binary stars, clusters, galaxies, and nebulae
- Fast f/5 focal ratio keeps views bright and crisp
- 650mm focal length produces a moderate magnification potential without making it too large or heavy
- Aluminized paraboloidal mirrors produce sharp and detailed images
- Collapsible Dobsonian design utilizes truss tubes to extend the optical tube to full length with the ability to close into a compact form factor, making it powerful but portable
- Truss tube design maintains optical alignment and will not require collimation between uses
- 1.25" helical focusing mechanism does not require a long drawtube and allows precise adjustments
- Manual alt-azimuth design
- Tabletop design can be set up just about anywhere
- Rubber feet provide a sure footing and their natural vibration-dampening presents clearer views even when people are walking near or cars are driving by
- Mount arm is tall enough to allow the optical tube to be pointed straight down for a smaller form factor during transport and storage
- Integrated carrying handle
- 1.25" nosepiece makes them compatible with the most popular size drawtubes, focusers, and accessories like filters, Barlows, and diagonals
- 25mm eyepiece produces a low 26x power that allows users to see wide areas for observing the moon and constellations and scan the sky for comets
- 10mm eyepiece yields 65x magnification to make detailed observations with a smaller field of view
- Red dot design provides a wide field of view to make alignment fast and star-hopping navigation easy
- Provides an easy-to-see center aiming dot to make centering your target object simple