Designed for people who want to mess with their guitar tone in the digital world, Blue Cat Audio's Re-Guitar is not an amplifier emulator, but a software to model different kinds of electric guitar pickups. It also emulates various types of guitar body shapes.
Regardless of the guitar you input into your recording software, this plug-in will help you get timbres such as single-coil and humbucker. You can also model different hollowbody types and body depths and capture the sound of different acoustic models.
The software itself has been coded quite efficiently. When you engage or bypass the plug-in, you won't hear any audible clicks or pops. Moreover, the plug-in smoothly shuts down whenever it detects silence at the input, saving you vital CPU that can be redirected toward heftier audio processes. Control the software with MIDI, so you can adjust brightness and other parameters continuously after you map the plug-in to your favorite MIDI controller.
This software is compatible with Mac and Windows computers. Available for download, it can operate in VST, AU, and AAX formats.
Key Features at a Glance
- Guitar tone modeler with electric pickups, acoustic guitars, and hollowbody emulations
- Built-in single coil pickups, such as single hot, vintage, modern, active, t-style, neck plus mid, bridge plus mid, P90, and P90J
- Built-in humbucker pickups such as vintage, classic, ricky, modern, rails, bright, wide, wide (jazz), and jazz box
- Built-in piezo and acoustic guitars, including solid body piezo, acoustic sim pedals, modern and vintage dreadnought, jumbo, mini jumbo, 000, and small
- Create your own electric pickups or acoustic guitar emulations with the custom electric and custom acoustic models
- Adjust hollowbody thickness and amount
- Adjust simulations' brightness and gain
- Built-in virtual volume and tone pots
- No latency
- Native DSP code for optimal performance
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control, and MIDI Learn
- When the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down to optimize the CPU usage of your digital audio workstation
- Customizable user interface with transparency management and zoom
- Activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise
- Full-featured integrated presets manager
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances using the system clipboard
- Any sample rate supported