Presented in a copper body with a copper grille, the Telefunken M81 Custom Handheld Supercardioid Dynamic Microphone delivers the sonic essence of a condenser in a rugged dynamic design. It features a wide 50 Hz to 18 kHz frequency response and high maximum SPL of 135 dB, making it equally suitable for voice, instruments, or drums onstage and in the studio. Its tonal character is tuned to soften bright or thin sources and yield a stronger emphasis on midrange clarity.
The M81's head and capsule assembly is designed to reduce proximity effect while still providing present bass. Its supercardioid polar pattern provides enhanced off-axis rejection and high immunity to feedback. The M81 also features a custom-wound Telefunken T80 transformer. It ships with a mic clip and leather storage bag.
- Tuned for guitars, drums, percussion, and brass
- Minimal proximity effect with articulate midrange
- Subdued high-end response tames bright vocals and instruments
- Supercardioid polar pattern provides enhanced directionality and immunity to feedback
- Custom-wound Telefunken T80 transformer
- Dynamic moving coil requires no batteries or phantom power