Capture brilliant images of the aquatic world with your Sony a7, a7R, or a7S mirrorless camera in Ikelite's 200DL Underwater Housing with Dry Lock Port Mount, which has a depth rating of 200'. An Ikelite bulkhead with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional external strobes via sync cords. The use of an optional TTL hot shoe and converter will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes will still work in manual mode only.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push buttons, dials, and levers, afford access to all essential camera functions. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It is white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The supplied aluminum tray with a left-hand quick release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm.
This housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various, interchangeable dome and flat ports for an array of lenses. For full compatibility details, see the port chart. The housing is equipped with a vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before the dive. The separately sold Vacuum Pump with Gauge #47011 is required to use this feature. Due to differences in lens and control placement, this housing is not compatible with Sony a7 II or a7 III cameras.
- Depth rating of 200'
- Two double-passivated, stainless steel locking latches are corrosion-resistant and virtually unbreakable
- Housing is made by hand in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
- White on the front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep the camera cool when shooting on or above the water's surface
- Clear back to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls
- Housing alone has nearly neutral buoyancy in fresh water, though your choice of lens and port may change the overall buoyancy of the system
- Open-groove design suspends the rear O-ring in the natural position, making maintenance easier and preventing accidental twisting or stretching
- Front-loading mounting plate enables quick camera installation, and does not need to be removed to access battery or memory card
- Mounting plate has a 1/4"-20 threaded hole on the bottom for connection to an optional tripod
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of strobes
- Optional DL2 DS Link Sony TTL Converter Ikelite ST1 Hot Shoe Kit #46042 will enable TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- Older non-digital strobes can be used in manual mode
- Ikelite's #4405 Optical Slave Converter and Aquatica's Water Wizard system are available options that will let you trigger wireless slave strobes
- Exposure compensation is available via the camera's controls
Controls and Handling
- Vacuum valve permits use of #47011 Pump with Gauge to confirm seal integrity
- Push buttons designed to resist salt buildup
- Soft-touch knobs allow for a comfortable grip with or without gloves
- Control symbols are etched into the back of the housing with lasers, so they won't fade or fall off with time
- LCD monitor can be tilted during camera installation to give you a better viewing angle
- Hard-anodized aluminum tray with a left-hand quick release grip improves balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm
- Another 1/4"-20 threaded mount is located front and center on the housing above the port mount, allowing for the attachment of a focus light, GoPro action camera, or other lightweight piece of equipment
- Spare 1/2-20 threaded port on top of the enclosure allows for the addition of various accessories
- Optional Cable Grip or Aluminum Top Handle can be added for easier carrying if you're using 2 strobes
- Ships without a required lens port
- Accepts all Ikelite Dry Lock (DL) dome and flat ports, enabling you to shoot with a wide variety of lenses
- Zoom and focus gears are available for many lenses
- For complete compatibility details, see the port chart linked above
- DL mount can be removed and replaced by the older FL (Four Lock) port locks, though this change would be irreversible unless you sent the housing back to Ikelite to have the DL mount installed again