By B&H Photo's
The Canon 135mm Sumire Prime T2.2 is a manual focus prime lens that covers full frame and Super35 sensor formats providing center-to-edge resolution that supports 4K production. It features a PL mount and has focus scales marked in feet. The Sumire lens series is designed with the goal of creating pleasing facial close-ups across all ages, genders, and ethnicities. This effect is increased as the lens approaches its widest aperture. The 135mm offers a maximum T-stop of 2.2 and has an 11-blade iris that provides round natural-looking, out-of-focus highlights for a pleasing bokeh. The lens barrel features a 300° smooth rotation from close focus to infinity, giving you a high degree of precision and consistent focus.
Focus Breathing Suppression
- The lens is designed to minimize focus breathing, providing image stability even when bokeh effects occur when refocusing.
- The Sumire Prime Lens series features a nuanced look as the lens aperture approaches its maximum setting.
- This subtly modifies the textural renderings of the human facial close-up and a pleasing bokeh.
Artistically Pleasing Image Rendering
- The lens features a large-diameter aspheric lens and anomalous dispersion glass, for high-resolution image reproduction from image center to image edge.
- The lens produces warm color tones that help to softly capture facial expressions, and it shares a unified color balance with other Canon Cinema lenses.
Soft, Natural Bokeh Effects
- The 11-blade clickless iris produces artistic and beautiful out-of-focus areas, creating a more three-dimensional bokeh.
- The use of an odd number of blades helps reduce flaring of specular highlights.
- The focus and iris rings are designed to maintain a consistent amount of resistance and operating torque in order to help provide the camera operator or assistant with predictable lens operation.
- The Sumire Prime Lens series features a unified front diameter (114mm), rotation angle (300°), and gear position on the focus and iris rings.
Front Filter Thread
- All lenses in the series except the 14mm accept a 105mm diameter threaded filter in the front of the lens.
Phosphorescent Focus Marks
- Lens markings are displayed on both sides of the lens.
- To improve visibility in dim light conditions, indicator markings with phosphorescent paint have been adopted for the front barrel for right-side viewing.