The Manfrotto 612 Nitrotech is a flat base fluid video head designed for the versatility needs of the independent content creator who's engaged in different types of projects. Thanks to its flat base with a 3/8"-16 mounting thread, as well as its relatively compact and lightweight design, the head can easily be moved between a compatible tripod and a slider, jib, monopod, and various other gear. One of the key features of the 612 Nitrotech is its Nitrogen gas piston counterbalance mechanism (hence, Nitrotech), which allows continuous counterbalance adjustment—as opposed to stepped or fixed—for the head's full payload range of 8.8 to 39.7 lb. Additionally, an upgraded fluid technology significantly improves continuously variable drag performance and enables smooth and judder-free pan and tilt movements.
Providing further flexibility, the head's camera plate system features a side-lock mechanism that allows for quicker and safer mounting of your camera plate and camera load. Instead of having to align and slide in your camera plate from the rear, you're able to conveniently tuck in one side of the plate from the top and then push and click on the other side.
The 612 Nitrotech offers two rosette mounts for attaching the included pan bar on either the left or right side. These rosettes also feature Manfrotto's Easy Link system for mounting accessories via an articulating arm. Each rosette has a 3/8"-16 port in the center and both Manfrotto and ARRI anti-rotation slots surrounding the mounting port. The Easy Link system is designed to support Manfrotto articulating arms equipped with anti-rotation pins or those with ARRI locating pins to prevent twisting. At the same time, standard articulating arms can also be attached.
Other features of the 612 Nitrotech include improved resistance to lower operating temperatures in comparison to previous Nitrotech models and improved ergonomics and materials used for the different knobs.
- Flat base with 3/8"-16 mounting thread allowing for use on tripods, sliders, jibs, monopods, and other support gear
- Nitrogen gas piston counterbalance mechanism allows for continuous counterbalance adjustment for the full payload range of 8.8 to 39.7 lb
- Upgraded fluid technology enabling smooth and judder-free pan and tilt movements via continuously variable drag performance
- Easier, safer side-lock camera plate mechanism
- Two rosette mounts with a 3/8"-16 port and Manfrotto and ARRI anti-rotation slots for attaching the included pan bar and a standard or anti-twist articulating arm
- 5.9" height