Monitor and record in the field with the 7", 1920 x 1280 Shogun 7 from Atomos. This versatile, professional on-camera recording monitor offers up to DCI 4K raw recording and HDMI and 12/6/3G-SDI inputs/outputs. Output your content for director or client viewing in Dolby Vision HDR using the Shogun 7, AtomOS10 platform, and a compatible display.
This monitor supports resolutions up to DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 60p and up to 2K at 240p for slow-motion effects. Record to 2.5" SSDs using Apple ProRes Raw, ProRes, CinemaDMG (up to 30p), and Avid DNxHD codecs.
The Shogun 7's 10-bit (8+2 FRC) panel features 360-zone backlight, 1500 cd/m² brightness, and a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio. Its native AtomHDR (log) display enables you to more accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out images or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and color space. Built-in presets accurately translate popular log formats from ARRI, Canon, Fujifilm, JVC, Nikon, Panasonic, RED, and Sony cameras.
Save editing time by tagging your footage on-the-fly and recording directly to Final Cut Pro x, Adobe Premiere, or Avid Media Composer formats (third-party plug-ins may be required for tagging).
Power the Shogun Inferno with a single Sony L-series battery; dual battery plates support hot swapping, enabling longer uninterrupted runtimes. For audio recording, the monitor supports balanced XLR inputs with +48V phantom power via a separately available audio breakout cable. Additional Shogun 7 features include genlock input, SDI/HDMI cross conversion, and a variety of on-screen exposure analysis, framing, focus assist, and other display tools.
- 1920 x 1280 resolution
- 7" LCD screen with 360-zone backlight
- 10-bit (8+2 FRC) monitoring processing
- 1500 cd/m² brightness
- 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (with zone backlight on)
- Output using Dolby Vision HDR
- AtomHDR technology displays native HDR (log) display footage
- Log gamma viewing presets for ARRI, Canon, Fujifilm, JVC, Nikon, Panasonic, RED, and Sony cameras
- Custom 3D LUT support (.cube format)
- Anamorphic de-squeeze: 2x, 1.5x, 1.33x
- UHD 4K downscale for HD monitoring
- 4K HDMI and 12G-SDI inputs/outputs
- Four 3G-SDI or dual 12G-SDI inputs
- SDI/HDMI cross conversion
- Genlock input
- Separately available audio breakout cable for XLR audio input
- Up to DCI 4K60 recording in ProRes Raw, ProRes, CinemaDMG (4K30), or DNxHD
- Slow-motion recording up to 1080p at 240 fps
- Record to 2.5" SSD/HDD media using the included Master Caddy II
- Pre-roll record (8 seconds in HD, 2 seconds in 4K)
- Ten metadata fields
- Dual Sony L-series battery slots support hot swapping for continuous power
- Record 4K30p up to 2.2 hours with 2 x 7.4V, 7800mAh batteries
- Record 4K30p up to 1.5 hours with 2 x 7.4V, 5200mAh batteries
- Top and bottom 1/4"-20 mounting threads
- 3.5mm headphone output port