Designed as a budget-friendly alternative to the heralded U 87 microphone for project studios, producers, and vocalists, the nickel Neumann TLM 103 is a large-diaphragm condenser mic offering the classic Neumann sound with elevated presence to impart a crisp, clean, and full tone. It boasts a capsule based on the U 87 married to pristine transformerless circuitry, allowing it to handle high SPLs up to 138 dB without distortion while maintaining superbly quiet self-noise of just 7 dBA.
The combination of the transformerless output stage and heightened treble response makes the TLM 103 a great choice when the sound source needs to clearly cut through the mix. The mic's compact body is ideal for positioning it in tight spots such as over a snare, inside a kick drum, or in front of a small guitar amp. By utilizing a cardioid polar pattern, the mic can effectively reduce ambient noise or instrument bleed behind the mic. The TLM 103 comes with a secure, space-saving swivel mount and a wooden box.
- Large-diaphragm condenser capsule derived from the classic U 87 microphone
- Balanced sound with enhanced presence
- Cardioid pattern reduces background noise
- Transformerless circuitry with high SPL capability
- Extremely low self-noise of only 7 dBA
- XLR 3-pin output
- 48V phantom powered
- Includes swivel mount and wooden box