The ALEXA SXT W Camera Body from ARRI (LDS PL) expands upon the design of the popular ALEXA SXT Plus with the addition of an integrated wireless video transmitter. Transmitter features include a range up to 2000', under 1 ms delay, uncompressed video signals, and 128-bit AES encryption. Compared to an external, third-party transmitter, the low-latency integrated transmitter saves weight and space on your rig, reduces the number of cables sprouting from the camera, and lessens your build time on set. Plug your lens motors directly into the camera; no motor control box is needed. Coordination between the SXT W's Wi-Fi system, ARRI's ECS lens control systems, and the wireless video transmitter minimizes interference between these functions. The SXT W is compatible with ARRI controllers like the WCU-4, as well as with the cmotion hand units.
Record in UHD 4K, Cine 4K, 2K, or HD with 16-bit processing for sharp, natural-looking images. The ALEXA SXT W offers an array of recording format choices in ARRIRAW and ProRes including 4444 XQ, 4444, 422 HQ, and 422. With a base sensitivity of EI 800 and a dynamic range of 14-plus stops, your footage is effectively futureproofed for compatibility with HDR displays. The ALEXA SXT W's wide color gamut exceeds current display standards and is compatible with the Rec. 2020 color space. Full-image frame rates up to 120 fps enable capture for higher-clarity HFR (high frame rate) projects.
The modular ALEXA SXT family includes the flexibility of recording to the current or future media of your choice for each of your projects. Capture options include XR and SXR Capture Drives with write speeds up to 20 Gb/s, SxS PRO and SxS PRO+ cards, and CFast 2.0 cards. The ARRI LDS (lens data system), the IFM-1 filter holder, a shoulder mount, and 15mm LWS rod support are built into the ALEXA SXT W. A 5-pin XLR connector supports 2-channel, 24-bit, 48 kHz audio. Choose from separately available Gold or V-mount battery plates, or an AC power supply to power the camera.
Excellent Image Quality and High Dynamic Range
- The ALEXA SXT family combines the powerful image processing of the ALEXA 65 with the familiar design of the original ALEXA user interface, producing sharp, natural-looking footage.
- A base sensitivity of EI 800 with a dynamic range of 14 plus stops effectively future-proofs your output for compatibility with HDR displays.
- The ALEXA SXT W records in a WCG (wide color gamut) exceeding current displays and is compatible with the Rec. 2020 color space.
- Record up to 120 fps for compatibility with HFR (high frame rate) display outputs.
SXT W Features
- Integrated wireless video transmission, and wireless remote lens and camera control
- Transmit uncompressed video up to 2000' with <1 ms delay
- The video signal is secured with 128-bit AES encryption and includes 2-channel audio, timecode, and record flags
- Plug-and-play with ARRI Electronic Control System (ECS)
- Compatible with cmotion cvolution lens control systems
- Additional (fourth) monitor output (1.5G HD-SDI), and third RS accessory port
Wide Array of Recording Formats
- Choose from 14 in-camera recording formats, all of which are available in both full-fledged ARRIRAW and smaller file ProRes options.
- Format options include 16:9 ProRes UHD 4K, Open Gate ProRes 4K Cine, economical 6:5 ProRes 2K Anamorphic and 6:5 ProRes 4K Cine Anamorphic, the VFX-friendly 4:3 ProRes 2.8K, the high-res Open Gate ProRes 3.4K, and the versatile 16:9 ARRIRAW 3.2K.
- With a tall sensor sized almost the same as 35mm film, the ALEXA SXT W enables anamorphic lenses to maintain their native fields of view.
- The ALEXA SXT W's efficient 6:5 sensor mode is equivalent to a 1.194:1 image area, the same as half of the classic 2.39:1 CinemaScope aspect ratio. Use this mode to capture only the image area needed for a 2.39 output, with higher frame rates, higher ProRes resolutions, and fewer steps in post than the earlier 4:3 mode.
- ALF-2 files are stored in your recording's metadata, enabling your dailies and proxy editing files to display the same look as your master files. Supported systems include DaVinci Resolve, Colorfront OSD, Codex Production Suite, Pomfort Silverstack, and Filmlight Daylight.
Consistent Look Management
- The ARRI Color Tool (ACT) and ARRI Look File (ALF-2) enable you to create new looks in-camera. For easy multicamera coordination, these looks are compatible with ALEXA Mini and AMIRA cameras.
- Lock in your look on set with the ALEXA SXT's live, on-set grading in Rec 709 or Rec 2020. Compatible third-party systems include Pomfort LiveGrade, Codex Live, Colorfront On-Set Live, Filmlight Prelight, Technicolor DP Lights, and more.
- The same look management can be automatically applied when using NLE systems such as Avid Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X, and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Use with the adapter of your choice to record to SxS PRO or SxS PRO+ cards, CFast 2.0 cards, and XR or SXR Capture Drives.
- Multiple control options including Ethernet-based browser control, and compatibility with the optional RCU-4 and WCU-4 control units.
- The built-in IFM-1 filter holder accepts one of eight separately available ND filters.
- Use with separately available Gold or V-mount battery plates.
- Integrated shoulder arch and 15mm LWS rod support.