Available for download, Exponential Audio NIMBUS from iZotope is an algorithmic reverb that provides an inherently musical sound, one that can be tweaked surgically or mangled colorfully to suit the needs of your mix. This reverb provides dedicated and comprehensive controls over both early reflections and reverb tails, so that you can tailor each time-based effect for your exact mix.
Note the Keyword and Preset section in the top right of the GUI; here you can find over 1200 presets categorized by type. Click on the magnifying glass above this section, and you can search for verb presets by typing in your own terms. So, whether you're a post-production engineer looking for a canyon—or a music mixer looking for a vocal plate—the reverb can be equally useful.
Tabs are provided for the verb's Attack, Tail, Early Reflections, and Warp parameters. Each tab reveals a page full of parameters. Whether you need to temper early reflections, or add overdrive and compression for character via the warp page, Nimbus will nimbly let you accomplish the task at hand.
This product is compatible with Mac and Windows platforms. It operates in AU, VST, and AAX formats. An iLok account is required for authorizing the plug-in, though an iLok key is not strictly necessary.
Key Features at a Glance
- Natural stereo reverb algorithm
- Warp controls with compression and overdrive
- Predelay and reverb delay adjustable by tempo
- 5 early reflection patterns and two plate reverb algorithms
- Dynamic tail suppression to lower reverb in louder parts of a mix
- Over 1200 presets (rooms, plates, halls, chambers, and more)
- EuControl support
- Tempo-syncable multi-effects