Available for download, the iZotope Vocal Bundle is geared for vocal production and vocal mixing. The bundle gives you Nectar 3, a channel strip plug-in with EQ, compression, saturation, de-essing, limiting, modulation, delay, and more. With VocalSynth 2, you can turn your vocals into a synthetic production element, such as a vocoder.
iZotope Nectar 3 - Vocal Production Channel Strip Software for (Download)
Available for download, iZotope Nectar 3 is a channel strip plug-in developed for vocal mixing and polishing. Compression, equalization, saturation, vocal harmonies, and more are provided in the channel strip.
Nectar 3 takes many features available in version 2 of Nectar and expands upon them, updating them both in aesthetics and processing. Many new features are offered in Nectar 3, such as a Vocal Assistant, which creates a custom preset for your specific vocal after analyzing it.
You'll also note the unmask feature, which carves out of the way any competing instruments, letting the vocal shine through the mix. A dynamic EQ has been added that can follow unwelcome resonances as they move up and down the frequency range, intelligently curtailing nasty blooms of sound so you don't have to automate them yourself, or split them onto different tracks.
The new Dimension module provides chorus, flanging, and more, while Reverb and Delay modules have been redesigned to give you new and exciting kinds of delay. The Harmony section has been updated. Automatic Level Mode, on the input fader, quickly adjusts the levels of your vocals in a transparent manner, mitigating the need for corrective dynamics processing. A limiter, at the end of the chain, can ensure you don't go over your desired level and can also impart a meaty feeling upon the sound.
Included with Nectar 3 are several other plug-ins that are quite helpful. Melodyne is world-renowned pitch-correction software, and Nectar 3 comes with Melodyne 4 Essential. RX 7 Breath Control is on hand for taking out unwanted breaths. Relay ensures inter-plug-in communication: put Relay on a guitar track that competes with the vocal's midrange, and the Vocal Assistant can now target that guitar, changing its EQ to keep it out of the vocal's way.
This software is compatible with Mac and Windows platforms. It is included in AU, AAX, VST, and RTAS formats.
New Features over Version 2
- Vocal Assistant provides custom presets utilizing machine learning technology to help your vocals fit in the mix
- Unmask carves away competing mix elements directly from Vocal Assistant’s menu screen, allowing your vocals to cut through the mix
- Dynamic EQ with Follow EQ Mode tracks down pesky resonances and removes them in real time
- Auto Level Mode adjusts the level of vocals before any processing, minimizing the need for corrective dynamics or riding the fader
- Nectar 3 utilizes inter-plug-in communication to interface with other iZotope plug-ins in your session, seamlessly addressing mix issues, tonal balance, masking, and more
- Use the included Relay module to use Nectar 3's unmasking mode with tracks that don't have iZotope plug-ins on them
- RX 7 Breath Control is included for reducing unwanted breaths without sacrificing audio quality
- Melodyne 4 Essential for renowned time- and pitch-correction
- Hundreds of professionally designed presets for music and dialogue applications
Redesigned and Updated Modules
- Corrective and Creative Dynamic EQs
- Dimension (chorus and other modulations)
Improvements in the Following Areas
- Delay: Two brand new modes and new independent controls for stereo support
- De-Esser: New interactive threshold design experience that can be auto-set with Vocal Assistant
- Saturation: Two new Saturation modes, Decimate, and Distort
- Harmony: Increased number of voices you can add from 4 to 8, improvements to MIDI mode experience for easier playability
- EQ: Ability to add two EQ instances of up to 24 bands with Dynamic processing for frequency and pitch.
- Compressor: Ability to add two compressors. New interactive threshold design with interactive visualization
- Reverb: Additional third EQ node for additional shaping flexibility; immersive visual display
- Dimension: New Chorus and Phaser modes with interactive UI
iZotope VocalSynth 2 - Vocal Resynthesis and Harmony Generation Software (Download)
Featuring a complete graphical redesign and a whole new voice-modeling module, iZotope VocalSynth 2 is a tool designed to transform an input signal—usually a vocal—into a creative, synthetic sound. An instance of this plug-in provides access to five separate vocal engines. You get the four modules from the original Vocalsynth (Vocoder, Talkbox, Polyvox, & Compuvox), and a whole new one called Biovox.
Biovox utilizes scientific modeling of the human vocal tract, allowing you to change aspects like formants, vowel shapes, and nasality in a smooth manner. Use Biovox for subtly-changed vocal doubles when you've only got a single vocal track, or utilize this module as an eccentric sound-design tool.
The effects section has been updated to provide better sound quality, and two new stompbox-style modules have been added to the mix: Chorus and Ring Mod, the latter also serving as an idiosyncratic tremolo effect. As with the previous version of VocalSynth, you can use the plug-in in various modes, including Auto Mode (requiring no MIDI or sidechaining), MIDI Mode (imparting the consonants, formants, and vowels of a sidechain inpun upon the MIDI synth); and Sidechain Mode (applying the quality of the vocal to an audio source, say a guitar for example).
This plug-in also allows for inter-communication between iZotope plug-ins, meaning you can seamlessly integrate VocalSynth 2 with Neutron 2, Ozone 8, and Tonal Balance Control. VocalSynth 2 can be seen and manipulated within Neutron 2's Visual Mixer and Masking Meter as well. This software is compatible with Mac and Windows platforms, and supports AU, VST, and AAX formats.