The Slate Digital RAVEN MTZ marries the tactile control of yesterday’s mixing consoles with the convenience of today’s touchscreen technology. With the RAVEN MTZ, nevermore do you have to rely on your mouse for controlling your DAW. Instead, the RAVEN MTZ provides a tablet-like control surface that can raise and lower faders, facilitate touch-control over plug-ins, operate all the buttons of a traditional transport, and more.
The MTZ represents the current iteration of RAVEN technology, putting it all in a 1.5" deep, low-profile, no-bezel 43" screen that supports multitouch, gestural control. The screen sits on an included stand that is angle adjustable. With the MTZ, you can control many faders at once, manipulate pans and sends, and set up recording sessions quickly and efficiently.
Common functions can be accessed and performed expediently through the customizable toolbar and Batch Commander, which can execute an entire series of key commands, mouse clicks, and menu selections via the press of one virtual button. Hundreds of presets are included for most major DAWs, and you can program custom commands housing up to 1000 functions per command.
The RAVEN MTZ interfaces with most DAWs, and a DAW support license is included for the compatible DAW of your choice. Connections can be made to your Mac- or Windows-equipped computer by means of a video cable—HDMI, DVI-I, and VGA are supported—and a USB 2.0 connection. An iLok version 2 or 3 dongle (available separately) is required for operating the RAVEN.
Key Features at a Glance
- 43" multitouch display
- HD resolution of 1920 x 1080
- Backlit LED with projected capacitive touch panel
- 10-touch display allows multitouch interaction with functions such as fader control, zooming, mute/unmute, and opening/closing plug-in windows
- Powerful integration with most major DAWs
- Hands-on control of all your DAWs parameters
- Acts as your computer’s main touch-capable display
- Flexible and user-customizable
- Easy compatibility using a video connection (HDMI, DVI-I, or VGA) and a USB 2.0 connection