Designed for medium-range engagements with the capability to reach out to longer distances if you need to—and optimized for AR and MSR (Modular Sniper Rifle) platforms—the Sig Sauer 4-12x40 WHISKEY3 Riflescope offers flexibility and reliability in a reasonably compact form factor.
The WHISKEY3 is outfitted with a simple non-illuminated duplex crosshair reticle that provides a clear aiming point—whether you have the scope set to low power or if you need to put rounds out at long distance and require precision shot placement on high magnification. Complementing the magnification range and reticle design are capped low-profile windage and elevation turrets that adjust as much as 60 MOA at precise 1/4 MOA per click increments to improve your first-shot accuracy.
Optically, Sig utilizes low-dispersion glass that corrects spherical and chromatic aberrations, so views are clear and undistorted with accurate color and improved contrast and clarity. Ultra-wide broadband anti-reflection SpectraCoat lens coatings further improve light transmission across the entire visible spectrum, while LensArmor coatings provide resistance to scratches and abrasions to ensure views remain crisp and clear. The 1" maintube is made of a light and durable aluminum alloy treated with an anodized finish for durability and longevity. To withstand the harsh elements of the trail, the housing is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to an IPX7 rating to make it waterproof, submersible, and resistant to internal fogging.
- 3:1 zoom magnification range and objective lens size are optimized for mid- to long-range shooting in all light conditions, optimized for the AR and MSR platforms
- Moderate 4-12x magnification allows the user to scan the landscape for targets on low power with the ability to zoom in and make positive identification and take shots at longer distances if required
- 40mm objective provides the light gathering required for use in challenging conditions without adding excessive weight and bulk for stalking and moving through brush
- Low-dispersion (LD) glass corrects aberrations, improving contrast and color fidelity and correcting lens-edge curvature
- Highly efficient, ultra-wide broadband anti-reflection SpectraCoat lens coatings reduce surface reflections across the entire visible spectrum, improving light transmission
- Extremely durable and abrasion-resistant LensArmor lens coatings ensure the lenses avoid scratches and other abrasions that can interfere with clear views
- 25-foot field of view on 4x, 8.3' on 12x
QuadPlex Reticle Details
- Simple non-illuminated duplex design
- Second focal plane placement: Reticle appearance won't change as magnification moves power up and down; it appears the same at all power settings
- Long outer posts with short thin center hairs
- Center hairs provide precise shot placement at high power with the posts providing a clearly defined aiming point on low power
- Simple design leaves the field of view uncluttered and free from distraction
Use and Handling
- Textured zoom and focus collars are easy to manipulate in cold and wet weather
- Precise 1/4 MOA per click impact point correction
- 60 MOA windage and elevation adjustment range provides the room for longer-range use
- Capped turrets ensure dirt and dust won't foul the adjustment mechanism; low-profile design reduces snag hazards
- One custom SBT elevation turret dial, ordered and delivered directly from Sig, is included with purchase; others are available for order separately from Sig
- 3.6" eye relief provides a generous eye box with improved comfort and mount placement flexibility
- Comfortable exit pupil at all magnifications ensures the whole scene remains in view, even in low light
- 1" diameter one-piece maintube maintains the compact form factor
- Lightweight and durable aluminum alloy body
- Scratch-resistant and low-reflectivity matte-black anodized finish
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to an IPX7 rating, making it waterproof and submersible to 3.3' (1m) for up to 30 minutes and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in environmental conditions and temperature
- Length: 12.5"
- 16.6 ounce weight