There's no need to worry about losing coverage because of dead batteries with the Spypoint Solar-Dark Trail Camera. This 12MP trail cam has a built-in solar panel, which charges an on-board 12 VDC lithium battery that powers the motion detector, infrared flash, shutter, and image processor, day after day and night after night. (If need be, the cam can also run on eight AA cells or a plug-in DC power supply).
The Solar-Dark features a trigger speed of less than one-tenth of a second, 110' motion detection range, and invisible infrared flash that won't spook game at night. It offers photo, time-lapse, and video modes, and you can view and manage your images and videos on the camera's color screen. The motion sensor triggers the shutter just 0.07 seconds after detecting game and can be set to capture up to six images per trigger. The 42-LED, invisible infrared flash has a 90' range and can be set to No-Glow, Optimal, IR Boost or Blur Reduction modes. Time-lapse mode, with programmable intervals, allows for big-picture observation. Images will have a time stamp with useful information including date, time, temperature, and moon phase.
A 16GB SD memory card is provided, though you can use SD/SDHC cards up to 32GB. Using the Spypoint web app gives you access to Buck Tracker, the antler recognition photo management software that makes it easy to sort photos of bucks from the rest of your captured images. The camera comes with a tree-mounting bracket and strap and is equipped with a standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount.
Photo and Video Performance
- Photo, video, and time-lapse modes
- Maximum Still Image Resolution: 12MP
- Video: Full HD 1080p
- Up to six images per detection
- Photo first option
- Buck Tracker antler recognition photo sorting program
- Passive infrared motion sensor
- Detection Range: 110'
- Trigger Speed: 0.07 seconds
- Invisible infrared flash with 42 LEDs and a 90' range for covert nighttime illumination
- No Glow, Optimal, IR Boost, Blur Reduction modes
Setup, Display, and Options
- View and manage images & videos on 2" color screen
- Records photos and videos to user-supplied SD/SDHC memory cards up to 32GB
- 16GB SD card included
- Built-in passive solar panel
- Built-in 12 VDC lithium battery
- Can run on 8 user-supplied AA batteries
- Can also operate on 12 VDC external power supply
- Tree-mounting bracket & strap
- Standard 1/4"-20 threaded hole
- Hole for security cable
- Rugged, weatherproof housing protects camera from the elements over extended periods of outdoor use