This Wine Country Camera 150mm Filter Holder Kit is designed to allow for the convenient use of up to two, separately-available 150mm-wide, 2mm-thick filters along with an included circular polarizer filter on a Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens. This kit includes a Wine Country Camera 150mm Filter Holder as well as a Wine Country Camera 150 x 150mm Filter Vault and a Wine Country Camera 150 x 170mm Filter Vault. Those two Wine Country Camera filter vaults are each designed to encase the edges of one separately-available, 150 x 150mm, 2mm-thick filter and one separately-available 150 x 170mm, 2mm-thick filter respectively, for use within the filter holder. By encasing the sides of an installed filter, these filter vaults each help to eliminate or limit stray light, which could have unwanted effects on exposure, from coming in between an installed filter, as well as the filter holder and the lens behind it. Additionally, a Wine Country Camera filter vault reinforces an installed filter's rigidity while preventing its sides from having to come into direct contact with a filter holder's slots. This protects those side surfaces and promotes sharp results by ensuring that the filter remains flat.
The Wine Country Camera 150mm Filter Holder includes a dedicated inner slot for a 150 x 150mm filter vault. That slot allows a Wine Country Camera 150 x 150mm Filter Vault within a Wine Country Camera 150mm Filter Holder to be instantly switched with an identical filter vault that may contain a different filter needed for other subjects or changing lighting conditions. An outer slot on the Wine Country Camera 150mm Filter Holder can accommodate a filter vault up to 150 x 170mm in size. The filter holder also features a quick-release button that is dedicated the outer slot. When pressed, it allows a Wine Country Camera filter vault within a Wine Country Camera 150mm Filter Holder's outer slot to be adjusted upward or downwards relative to the subject. When used with a Wine Country Camera 150mm Filter Holder's outer slot, an integrated safety-catch system prevents a 150 x 170mm Filter Vault from accidentally sliding out of the filter holder.
Installation of a compatible filter within a Wine Country Camera filter vault is accomplished by first turning the filter vault's brass, Wine Coin lock into the open position. Located along the front of the filter vault's inner and outer top edges, the Wine Coin is a flat, disk cam lock that features a straight edge on one side and a rounded edge at the other. When the lock's straight edge is aligned with the filter vault's inner edge, a compatible filter can be set within the front of the filter vault. The Wine Coin can then be turned so that its rounded edge obstructs the installed filter, securing it within the filter vault.
Use of the filter holder can be easily accomplished by first sliding the included fiberglass adapter ring over the Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens's integrated hood. The adapter ring's screw-in locking pin allows it to remain securely attached. After being fitted onto the adapter ring, the filter holder's brass locking knob helps to provide a reliable, yet adjustable connection that allows the holder to be rotated 360°, further benefiting the use of graduated neutral density and other filters that are enhanced by varied positioning. Additionally, adapter rings are separately available for lenses with 67mm, 72mm, 77mm, 82mm, 86mm, 95mm, or 105mm front filter threads. For other lenses that have integrated hoods instead of front filter threads, including the Sigma 12-24mm f/4 DG HSM Art lens, the Sony FE 12-24mm f/4 G lens, a Phase One 28mm AF f/4.5 Aspherical or Schneider Kreuznach 28mm LS f/4.5 Aspherical lens, the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED lens, or a Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di (VC or non-VC) USD or Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 lens, adapter rings which fasten over those lenses' hoods are also separately available.
The Wine Country Camera 150mm Filter Holder also accommodates an included drop-in circular polarizer filter. That filter is mounted within a geared aluminum-alloy filter ring, and it is made specifically to fit between a Wine Country Camera 150mm Filter Holder and a Wine Country Camera filter holder adapter ring during use. An external knob on the filter holder integrates with the geared filter ring, allowing for the independent rotation of the circular polarizer filter in order to adjust the intensity of the polarization effect. Utilizing aluminum-alloy components for durability while remaining lightweight, the Wine Country Camera 150mm Filter Holder also features rosewood accents over its outer slots. The external polarizer filter control knob is made from rosewood as well, while the filter vaults' fiberglass construction also reduces weight while providing reliable protection for any filters placed within them.
A Kinesis F422-X Filter Pouch is included which can fit a Wine Country Camera 150mm Filter Holder with an installed Wine Country Camera circular polarizer filter and Wine Country Camera filter holder adapter ring. Wine Country Camera filter vaults placed within this pouch are kept separated by a divider unit that creates five, nonabrasive sections and is secured using hook-and-loop fasteners. The filter vaults and their filters within those sections are kept organized through the use of among six, write-on, hook-and-loop ID tabs. Each tab can be individually moved or removed as needed, while the filter vaults and their filters are protected by a soft and nonabrasive polyester interior-lining, plus closed-cell foam padding against the pouch's front and back.
The included filter pouch is compatible with the Kinesis Attachment Tab System (KATS) for ease of use with Kinesis belts or any belt up to 2" wide, and it can also be carried using the integrated, rear hand-grab loop. Filter vaults and their filters placed within this pouch can be easily accessed by opening its hook-and-loop fastened lid. While using a camera on a tripod, the filter pouch's hand-grab loop can be used to drape the entire pouch over a tripod head. If more length is required during use with a tripod, the filter pouch's included Y208 Quick-Release Extender Strap can be connected to the hand-grab loop's quick-release buckle to provide up to 31.5" of additional length that can be used for over-the-shoulder carrying as well.
This pouch's exterior consists of 500-denier nylon for water-resistance. Two integrated D-rings along the rear side allow for spring-clip shoulder straps such as the optional Kinesis Y215 Basic Shoulder Strap or the optional Kinesis Y315 Padded Shoulder Strap to provide up to 56" or 59" respectively, of additional carrying length.
Wine County Camera 150mm Filter Holder, Adapter Ring, Circular Polarizer Filter, and Filter Vaults
- Durable, aluminum-alloy filter holder with rosewood accents connects to a Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens with using included fiberglass adapter ring
- Filter vaults encase the edges of a separately-available, 150 x 150mm, 2mm-thick filter or 150 x 170mm, 2mm-thick filter for use within the filter holder
- Stray light, which could have unwanted effects on exposure, is limited from coming in between an installed filter, as well as the filter holder and the lens behind it
- Reinforces an installed filter's rigidity while preventing its sides from having to come into direct contact with a filter holder's slots
- Protects an installed filter's side surfaces and promotes sharp results by ensuring that it remains flat
- Brass, Wine Coin filter vault lock secures an installed filter
- 150 x 150mm filter vault fits dedicated inner filter slot within the filter holder
- Filter holder's dedicated inner filter slot allows instantaneous exchange with an identical filter vault that may contain a different filter needed for other subjects or changing lighting conditions
- 150 x 150mm filter vault or 150 x 170mm filter vault fits outer slot within the filter holder
- Filter Holder's quick-release side button allows immediate upward or downward repositioning of a 150 x 170mm filter vault relative to the subject
- Integrated safety-catch system prevents accidental release of filter vault when using the filter holder's outer slot
- Filter vaults feature fiberglass construction for durability while remaining lightweight
- Filter holder also accommodates included drop-in circular polarizer filter
- External, rosewood knob on filter holder integrates with included, drop-in circular polarizer filter's geared, aluminum-alloy filter ring
- Drop-in circular polarizer filter can be independently rotated to adjust the intensity of the polarization effect
- Circular polarizer filter does not disrupt auto exposure or focus features, is constructed from Schott glass for clarity, and each of its surfaces includes 16 layers of anti-reflection coating
- Polarizer filters help to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface, clears up haze in distant landscapes, and provides more saturated, vivid colors
Kinesis F422-X Filter Pouch
- Can hold a Wine Country Camera 150mm Filter Holder with an installed Wine Country Camera circular polarizer filter and Wine Country Camera filter holder adapter ring
- Accommodates five 150 x 150mm or 150 x 170mm filter vaults and the filters installed within them
- Utilizes the Kinesis Attachment Tab System (KATS)
- Soft, nonabrasive, polyester interior-lining
- Nonabrasive hook-and-loop divider unit, creates five partitions for filter vaults and the filters installed within them
- Easily movable, write-on, hook-and-loop ID tabs
- Closed-cell foam padding along the front and back
- Rear hand-grab loop with quick-release buckle that can be draped around a tripod head or tucked away behind the pouch when used on a belt
- Rear hand-grab loop with quick-release buckle can be extended by connecting to the included Kinesis Y208 Quick-Release Extender Strap for placement over-the-shoulder, or for additional length when draped around a tripod head
- Two rear D-rings allow an optional Kinesis Y215 Basic Shoulder Strap to provide up to 56" of additional carrying length, or an optional Kinesis Y315 Padded Shoulder Strap to provide up to 59" of additional carrying length
- Hook-and-loop lid fastener