The Hoya 62mm HMC 82C Light Balancing Filter is uniform in color and with a mired shift value of -45, can be applied to purposely create a cool cast over an entire image. This effect can be obtained under daylight when this filter is used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected. The Hoya 62mm HMC 82C Light Balancing Filter is also useful for balancing light sources with a color temperature of 2800K for type B tungsten film, which is designed to accurately reproduce colors under 3200K light sources.
The greater the difference between the color temperatures they are designed to correct for under 5500K, light balancing filters for type B tungsten film are considered to be progressively stronger in their effect when used to cool a daylight image.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for increased clarity and color fidelity. Its aluminum-alloy filter ring is durable while remaining lightweight. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes three layers of anti-reflection coating. These coatings also offer greater protection to the filter substrate and help it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters.
When used, the Hoya 62mm HMC 82C Light Balancing Filter's 0.2 density darkens the entire image by 0.6 stops. This reduction in exposure can be compensated for by adjusting the aperture setting of the lens it is placed on, or the shutter speed of the camera being used.
- Can add a cool cast to an entire image under daylight when used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
- Provides a mired shift value of -45
- Raises 2800K color temperature to 3200K
- Allows type B tungsten film to accurately reproduce colors under 2800K light sources
- Three layers of multi-coating on each side to prevent internal ghosting and reflections
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity
- 0.2 density filter with 1.5x filter factor darkens the image by 0.6 stops
- Filter density can be compensated for by adjusting lens aperture or camera shutter speed
- Aluminum-alloy filter ring is durable while remaining lightweight
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport