Utilizing a secondary prism on a two-axis gimbal base to keep views steady even when set on high power, the versatile Vixen Optics 6-12x25 ATERA Image-Stabilized Zoom Monocular provides rock-solid performance with a compact and lightweight design.
A generous zoom range gives you the ability to scan wide portions of the terrain for subjects on low power with the ability to dial up the magnification to bring the subject in close for detailed observation. The prisms are dielectric coated and phase corrected to maximize light transmission and eliminate internal interference and diffraction and the lens system is anti-reflection fully multicoated to limit light loss. These features work together to ensure as much light as possible passes through the optic to transmit bright and crisp high-contrast images with accurate color and limited fringing. To help compensate for vibrations or movement, especially at high magnifications, the vibration-canceling system has an impressive stabilization freedom range of ±3° and an internal sensor that detects movement and controls the prism gimbal to deliver solid and steady views.
Vixen designed the ATERA to be highly portable and comfortable to use. Measuring under 6" long and weighing just over 11 ounces, it has a natural feel in the hand and won't cause excessive arm fatigue when used for long periods. A twist-up eyecup and an exceptional long eye relief at all magnifications maximize comfort and reduce eyestrain while being easy to use with or without eyeglasses or sunglasses. The stabilization system runs on two included CR2 batteries that offer up to 30 hours of runtime.
- 6-12x zoom range allows user to scan terrain for subjects on low power with the ability to zoom in for detailed observation and identification
- 25mm objective lens ensures a compact form factor
- BK7 primary roof prism with a BAK4 secondary subprism
- Phase-correction roof prism coatings eliminate internal interference to improve contrast and clarity
- Highly reflective dielectric prism coating reduces light loss as it passes through the prism system so images remain bright with high resolution
- Anti-reflection fully multicoated optics maximize light transmission for improved color fidelity, contrast, and image sharpness
- Generous 294-foot field of view at 1000 yards on 6x, 210-foot on 12x
- Image is stabilized by mounting the secondary prism on a two-axis gimbal base, which allows it to move horizontally and vertically to counter movement when vibration is detected by an internal sensor
- Wide ±3° stabilization freedom range helps to compensate for the micro-vibrations common when holding any optic, as well as for more drastic movement
- Side-sliding on/off switch makes use fast, easy, and intuitive without having to hold down an activation button
- Auto off after 5 minutes of inactivity to preserve battery life
- Runs on two included CR2 batteries for up to 30 hours
Use and Handling
- Twist-up eyecup for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Exceptional 24mm eye relief on 6x makes viewing easy for long periods of time with reduced eyestrain, and eye relief remains long even at max magnification
- Wide 4.2mm exit pupil on 6x enables comfortable viewing, especially in low or challenging light
- Compact and lightweight design