Built to deliver top-shelf sound in a desk-friendly and easy-to-use format for panel podcasters, producers, and small bands who need mix-minus functionality when taking calls, the third-generation Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 18x8 USB audio/MIDI interface lets artists and content creators score pro-level tone with no learning curve.
Equally capable for tracking vocals and instruments, the four improved Scarlett microphone preamps feature switchable phantom power for condenser mics, pads to prevent distortion on loud input signals, and a selectable-per-channel Air circuit, which adds clarity-enhancing brightness based on Focusrite's legendary ISA preamplifier.
The first two XLR-1/4" combo inputs are software-switchable to allow them to accept signal directly from electric instruments such as guitar and bass or from line-level sources such as stereo mixer outputs, while combo inputs 3-4 can handle signal from mic or line sources. The rear panel sports four additional fixed-level 1/4" inputs to accommodate more line-level sources such as the outputs of external mic preamps.
Unlocking the ability to record at standard CD quality or high-fidelity resolutions, the 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA converters ensure that signals are captured and reproduced with detail and accuracy. With four balanced 1/4" monitor outputs, dual 1/4" stereo headphone jacks, and independent volume control of the two headphone outputs and the main/alt speaker outs, the Scarlett 18i8 can simultaneously feed multiple monitoring systems or outboard effects processors.
The virtual loopback function on the Scarlett 18i8 empowers podcasters with an easy mix-minus setup for taking calls without the caller being distracted by a delayed audio return signal. Also, traditional 5-pin MIDI I/O is provided for seamless integration of MIDI equipment such as a keyboard or sound module. S/PDIF stereo digital I/O jacks are also present, should you need to hook up outboard AD/DA converters or other digital gear. Route an external A/D converter into the ADAT optical input to record up to eight more channels of audio. You can even utilize your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to wirelessly control the Scarlett 18i8.
With its AC powering for stable power in the studio, space-saving USB Type-C connection, and extensive software bundle including elementary versions of Ableton Live and Avid Pro Tools music production workstations, virtual instruments, plug-in effects, loops, and more, the Scarlett 18i8 gives you plenty of powerful tools to kick-start your inspiration. Just connect the the Scarlett 18i8 to an AC power source via the supplied AC adapter, plug into your Mac/Windows computer via USB, fire up your preferred audio recording software, and let the creativity flow.
Great for Project Studios and Expanded Home Setups
Pristine, High-Resolution Conversion
Scarlett Mic Preamps with Customizable Tone
Rear-Panel Line Inputs
Straightforward Controls and Level Indication
Dual Independent Headphone and Main/Alt Monitor Outputs
Virtual Loopback for Mix-Minus and More
Stereo Digital I/O
8-Channel ADAT Optical Input
Powerful Software Control
Extensive Software Bundle
- Ableton Live Lite: Popular music production software
- Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack: The main elements and workflow of the industry standard Pro Tools in an entry-level package hundreds of virtual instrument sounds, 500MB of loops, and great-sounding effects
- 3 Months of Splice Sounds: Get access to millions of high-quality, royalty-free loops, one-shots, and presets, with new releases daily
- Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite: Accurate models Focusrite’s classic Red 2 Equalizer and Red 3 Compressor
- XLN Audio: Choose of one of four XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time and Tone Bundle: World-class reverb, delay, and distortion plug-ins and an easy-to-use mastering tool from Softube
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-In Collective: Receive free versions of innovative software and benefit from discounts