Built to deliver top-shelf sound in a rack-friendly and easy-to-use format for bands, project studio engineers, and panel podcasters who need mix-minus functionality when taking calls, the third-generation Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 18x20 USB audio/MIDI interface lets artists, engineers, and producers score pro-level tone with no learning curve.
Equally capable for tracking vocals and instruments, the eight improved Scarlett microphone preamps feature switchable phantom power for condenser mics, pads to prevent distortion on loud input signals, and a selectable-per-channel Air circuit, which adds clarity-enhancing brightness based on Focusrite's legendary ISA preamplifier.
The first two XLR-1/4" combo inputs can accept unbalanced instrument level from guitars, basses, synthesizers, and drum machines, or balanced line level from a mixing console or outboard preamps, while combo inputs 3-8 support mic- or line-level sources.
Unlocking the ability to record at standard CD quality or high-fidelity resolutions, the 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA converters ensure that signals are captured and reproduced with detail and accuracy. With four balanced 1/4" line/monitor outputs, six additional 1/4" line outs, two 1/4" stereo headphone jacks, and independent volume control of the two headphone outputs and the main/alt speaker outs, the Scarlett 18i20 can simultaneously feed multiple monitoring systems and outboard effects processors with ease.
The virtual loopback function on the Scarlett 18i20 empowers podcasters with an easy mix-minus setup for taking calls without the caller being distracted by a delayed audio return signal. Plus, the onboard talkback feature and built-in talkback mic streamline the task of communicating with your artists during recording sessions. You can even utilize your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to wirelessly control the Scarlett 18i20.
Utilize the dual ADAT optical input and output ports to interface external 8-channel AD/DA converters (available separately). Traditional 5-pin MIDI I/O is provided for seamless integration of MIDI equipment such as a keyboard or sound module, and S/PDIF coaxial ports allow proper routing of stereo digital gear.
With its AC powering for stable power in the studio, space-saving USB Type-C connection, and extensive software bundle including elementary versions of Ableton Live and Avid Pro Tools music production workstations, virtual instruments, plug-in effects, loops, and more, the Scarlett 18i20 gives you plenty of powerful tools to kick-start your inspiration. Just connect the Scarlett 18i20 to an AC power source via the supplied power cable, plug into your Mac/Windows computer via USB, fire up your preferred audio recording software, and let the creativity flow.
Great for Bands, Project Studios, and Large Home Setups
Pristine, High-Resolution Conversion
Scarlett Mic Preamps with Customizable Tone
Straightforward Controls and Level Indication
Dual Independent Headphone and Main/Alt Monitor Outputs
Rear-Panel Line Outputs
Virtual Loopback for Mix-Minus and More
Stereo S/PDIF Digital I/O
8-Channel ADAT Optical I/O
Dual ADAT optical outputs are also present, should you wish to send tracks digitally (skipping a D/A stage) to a headphone distribution system, an external converter, or a digital mixer.
Powerful Software Control
Extensive Software Bundle
- Ableton Live Lite: Popular music production software
- Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack: The main elements and workflow of the industry standard Pro Tools in an entry-level package provides hundreds of virtual instrument sounds, 500MB of loops, and great-sounding effects
- 3 Months of Splice Sounds: Get access to millions of high-quality, royalty-free loops, one-shots, and presets, with new releases daily
- Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite: Accurate models of Focusrite’s classic Red 2 Equalizer and Red 3 Compressor
- XLN Audio: Choose of one of four XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time and Tone Bundle: World-class reverb, delay, and distortion plug-ins and an easy-to-use mastering tool from Softube
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-In Collective: Receive free versions of innovative software and benefit from discounts