The 16-channel 88C-16 Series 88 Analog Recording Console with Meter Bridge from Trident Audio is a classically styled, in-line, eight-bus analog console that is artfully constructed for ease of use and workhorse reliability for recording applications. It is designed to fit the modern, high-end facility—whether private, institutional, or professional.
Along with the familiar routing and feel of a classic Trident desk, are the modern refinements that serve to improve functionality, workflow, and performance specifications. For example, integration with outboard processors and mic pre's like the 500 format, is provided by means of a switchable input. This bypasses the channel preamp circuitry and allows for insertion of external signal sources directly to the channel equalizer.
The Trident's equalization is plentiful. It is available on the channel, monitor, effects returns, and group sections. Other features include: options for VU metering, transformer I/O, automation, short loading, and channel configurations exceeding 40 inputs. In addition, features found throughout the 88 console makes for a straightforward and powerful sound. With many styles, preferences, and methods of recording, this board can be pushed hard.
With 27 dB of headroom, the 88 console is built to be pushed hard and to sound huge. This is a feature found in the series 80 consoles and the 88 carries that tradition forward. Finally, the 88C-16 Series 88 Analog Recording Console with Meter Bridge was created with all of this in mind, so that you can use it to make great sounding tracks.
Fully Modular Design
- Faders, channels, groups, and master section are individually removable
- All rear connections are also removable
- Dual inputs to the channels—line and monitor
- Four-band, sweepable channel EQ, is switchable with monitor tilt EQ
- Dual inserts to each channel at the preamp or at the main channel EQ
- 8 auxes: 6 mono and 2 stereo
- 27 dB of headroom
- Discrete Class A
- 65 dB gain
- Balanced inputs, with optional Lundahl transformers
- Full bypass insert
- Input reverse switch
- Mic/line switch
- Phantom power switch
- High and low shelving
- Low/high mid peaking
- 4 sweepable bands boost/cut to +/-15 dB.
- 50 Hz high pass filter
- Insert pre/post EQ
- Monitor in: Tilt EQ
- Group FX returns: 12 kHz and 80 Hz shelving
- Group monitor returns: 12 kHz and 80 Hz shelving
The 88 console is designed to give you maximum control and routing options at your fingertips. This can make your creative process more effective and save you time in the process.