The tracktion BioTek 2 Organic Synthesizer is a premium powerhouse sampling and synthesis workstation offering unlimited sound design in a remarkable and inspirational environment, allowing you to evolve your own sound. This versatile synthesizer plug-in offers multiple forms of synthesis and unlimited sound layers. Ideal for composers, sound designers, and electronic musicians, it is available as in AAX, Audio Units, VST, and Linux VST plug-in formats and is compatible with Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux systems.
Updates to version 2 include the Spinal Saw Oscillator, With up to 11 detuned sawtooth waves within a single oscillator and BioTek's four oscillators, the Spinal Saw can generate a whopping 44 oscillators per layer. Another addition to version 2 is the Granular Oscillator, which extracts sound grains from the sample of your choice and redistributes them into dense clouds, scattered drops, or any density in-between. This allows you to create everything from uniquely textured musical instruments to otherworldly soundscapes. Other notable updates include a transistor ladder filter with 6, 12, 18, and 24 dB low-pass characteristics, as well as a Sallen-Key filter (MS-20) with 12 dB lowpass characteristics.
BioTek 2 offers the same architecture as its predecessor, including four virtual analog oscillators, four-operator FM synthesis, and support for sample importing. Two multimode filters are available and can be used with distortion and EQ. The 200 modulation routes and 32 modifier routes yield immense routing flexibility. BioTek 2 offers eight LFOs, each with eight separate parallel sub LFOs. An arpeggiator can be manually configured and supports importing MIDI files. BioTek 2’s four envelopes can be configured for 32 stages with looping sustain and release sections. Four internal effects processors, including reverb, delay, and more, can used simultaneously.
Twenty controls are provided in the main window for quick parameter adjustments. Blend and morph between patches via the center-positioned XY controller. Each patch can contain unlimited sound layers, allowing near-limitless sonic possibilities.
New in Version 2
- Spinal saw oscillator with up to 11 sawtooth oscillators in one, with FM and in-oscillator sync
- Granular sample oscillator with FM
- Transistor Ladder filter with 6, 12, 18, and 24 dB lowpass characteristics and resonance up to self-oscillation for all slopes
- Sallen-Key filter with 12 dB lowpass characteristic
- Automation of all parameters (some hosts might be limited to first sound layer)
- Dedicated browser page with filters for author, category, style, and timbre and full-text search
- Assign source info menus showing where a modulation source has been assigned
- 500+ factory patches
- 4 virtual analog/sample playback oscillators
- 4-operator FM synthesis (can use samples)
- Sync, ring mod, PWM, waveshaping
- 2 multimode filters in series with distortion and EQ
- Filter types:
- 4-pole and 2-pole LP
- BS (notch)
- 1-pole LP
- HP comb (tuned delay for Karplus-Strong synthesis)
- Redux (SR, bit reducer)
- Filter types:
- 200 modulation routes, 32 modifier routes (performing mathematical functions on the modulation sources), assignable GUI macro controls
- 8 flow LFOs (each with 8 individual parallel syncable sub LFOs)
- 4 effects in series
- Effects Types:
- Effects Types:
- 4 envelopes (can be up to 32 stages with looping sustain and release sections, curvatures for each stage)
- Sample import (osc), MIDI file import (arp)