Meopta assembled this straight-through viewing MeoPro 20-60x80 HD Spotting Scope Kit to give you a complete observation rig right out of the box. The kit is made up of their powerful spotter plus a lightweight carbon fiber tripod.
Meopta MeoPro 20-60x80 HD Spotting Scope (Straight Viewing)
The straight-through viewing MeoPro 20-60x80 HD Spotting Scope from Meopta combines a powerful 20-60x eyepiece, extra-low dispersion fluoride glass lenses, and a suite of optical coatings to make this spotter optimized for long distance and low-light performance.
Its wide magnification range allows you scan wide swaths of the landscape for subjects on low power with the ability to quickly zoom in and make detailed observations and identification. A large 80mm objective lens is engineered for maximum light-gathering ability with complementary fully multi-coated lenses to maximize light transmission, enhance image contrast, and improve clarity and resolution. Exposed lens surfaces are also protected from scratches and abrasions and the buildup of water and other contaminants that can interfere with clear views.
Durable construction details and a user-friendly design match the optical performance of the MeoPro 80 spotting scope. The Centric-Drive focus wheel is oversized and textured for nonslip focusing in the rain or when wearing gloves. The objective housing is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to deliver fog and waterproof imaging in freezing temperatures and high humidity. For added protection, the chassis is made of a lightweight and strong magnesium alloy to provide a shock-resistant foundation for the optical system. A retractable aluminum sunshade, long 18.5mm eye relief, and rotating/locking tripod collar make the MeoPro HD 80 a full-featured spotting scope for a wide range of outdoor activities.
- Powerful zoom eyepiece offers a wide 20-60x magnification range that enables the user to scan wide areas of the terrain for subjects with the ability to zoom in for detailed observation and identification
- Large 80mm objective lens draws in the light required to ensure subjects remain bright and clear, especially when viewing at extreme distances at maximum magnification or in low and challenging light conditions
- Eyepiece is integrated into the optical system so fewer lens elements are required for improved brightness
- Extra-low dispersion fluoride glass corrects color fringing and other chromatic aberrations to ensure accurate colors
- Ion-assisted MeoBright multi-coatings maximize light transmission to deliver enhanced low-light performance while suppressing reflection and glare
- MeoShield coatings protect external lens surfaces and resist scratching and abrasion
- Hydrophobic MeoDrop coatings repel water, grease, skin oils, and lens surface contaminants that can impair view clarity
- 108-foot field of view at 1000 yards on 20x, 66-foot on 60x
Use and Handling
- Eyepiece is set in line with the optical tube to make finding subjects faster and tracking moving subjects easier versus angled-viewing designs
- Centric-Drive focus system features an oversized mid-body focus control with a large rubberized wheel that is easy to manipulate even when wearing thick gloves
- Multi-position twist-up eyecup for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Extra-long 18.5mm exit pupil helps to reduce eyestrain to make viewing more comfortable
- Wide 4mm exit pupil on 20x will cover most pupils as they open in low-light conditions
- Lightweight and strong magnesium alloy chassis
- Armored rubber body protects optics from impacts while offering a positive grip during setup and breakdown
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging in extreme conditions and temperatures
- 360° rotating and locking tripod collar enables precise eyepiece placement based on viewing position or personal preference and comfort
- Standard 1/4"-20 thread on foot for mounting on most photo/video/field tripods and heads, compatible with select Manfrotto quick release heads
- Retractable sunshade improves contrast and clarity on bright and sunny days while minimizing the threat of lens flare
Meopta Carbon Fiber Tripod & Head Kit
The Meopta Carbon Fiber Tripod & Head Kit is designed to be your go-to field tripod for your binocular or spotting scope. Its extendable center column, four leg sections, and fast twist locks enable you to quickly extend the tripod from its folded 18" length up to 70" so setup and breakdown are easy. It comes with two different heads, and each head has two quick release mounting plates. With its control handle, the fluid head delivers smooth, vibration-free movement to make it easier to glass large areas, while the ball head can be set at many angles and locked in place for static observations such as at the range. Since each head comes with two quick release plates, you can install them on different optics or gear so there's no need to change plates when swapping gear in the field.
Designed for extensive field use, the legs are made of lightweight but strong carbon fiber, and two of the legs have padding for added comfort when you're holding them during setup or if you've got the tripod resting on your shoulder while you move from one place to another. To make taking and sharing your adventures as easy as possible, Meopta includes a universal-fit smartphone adapter that allows you to mount your phone on the tripod and take beautiful and infinitely shareable photos and video using the stability of the tripod. The entire tripod weighs just 4 pounds, folds into a small form factor, and fits comfortably in the included padded carrying case.