By B&H Photo's
Spanning a versatile telephoto range, the FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G OSS from Sony is a flexible zoom perfectly suited for nature, wildlife, and sports applications. Its long reach pairs with a modest maximum aperture range to render to a relatively lightweight and portable design and, as a G series lens, optical quality, focus speed, and attention to handling details are also priorities of this well-rounded super-tele zoom.
Long-Reaching, Stabilized Zoom
- Designed for full-frame E-mount cameras, this super-telephoto can also be used on APS-C models to achieve an equivalent 300-900mm focal length range.
- Maximum aperture range of f/5.6-6.3 helps minimize size and weight while providing excellent performance in a variety of applications.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds.
- OSS has three dedicated modes, including panning and viewfinder stabilization priority settings, and can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- Internal zoom design limits the overall length of the lens while zooming for more intuitive and comfortable handling.
- Compatible with optional 1.4x and 2x FE teleconverters for further increasing the lens's reach.
G Lens Series
- Five extra-low dispersion elements are featured in the lens design and help to control chromatic aberrations and reduce color fringing for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- One aspherical element is placed at the rear of the optical design and reduces distortion and spherical aberrations in order to produce a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to minimize surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- A rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Fast and Precise Autofocus
- Direct Drive Super Sonic wave Motor (DDSSM) AF system provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance that suits both stills and video applications.
- Linear Response manual focus control offers more natural handling and an AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Three customizable focus hold buttons are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Minimum focusing distance of 7.9', along with a maximum magnification of 0.2x, benefits portraiture and head shots.
- Focus range limiter and focus hold controls offer more intuitive handling and faster performance when photographing moving subjects.
Professional, Durable Design
- Dust and weather-sealed construction benefits using the lens in inclement shooting conditions.
- The front lens element features a fluorine coating to protect against smudges and dust from adhering to the glass surface.
- Removable rotating tripod mount permits quick switching from horizontal to vertical shooting orientations.