The Pro Fusion Smart Auto Focus Adapter from FotodioX allows a Canon EF- or EF-S-mount lens to be used on a FUJIFILM X-Mount camera. Electronic communication between an attached camera and lens is supported, which enables auto focus, image stabilization, as well as camera-controlled aperture functions. If an attached lens is also capable of generating Exif metadata when used with a directly compatible camera, this Pro Fusion Smart Auto Focus Adapter is designed to allow that information to be saved along with image files generated with a combination of the lens, a FUJIFILM X-Mount camera, and the adapter.
By enabling camera-controlled aperture functions for a Canon EF/-S-Mount Lens when used with a FUJIFILM X-Mount camera, program and aperture-priority modes, as well as shutter-priority and manual modes, can be set through the camera. Power for these functions is transferred from the camera to the lens. To help ensure that electronic communication between an attached camera and lens is reliable, this Pro Fusion Smart Auto Focus Adapter features a camera-to-lens calibration button. After a compatible camera and lens are both attached to the adapter, the camera-to-lens calibration button is designed to be pressed once the camera is be powered on. Signals between the CPU contacts within the camera's mount and the CPU contacts on the lens bayonet are then synchronized along with the functions they control.
When an image is taken with this Pro Fusion Smart Auto Focus Adapter, a matte black internal coating minimizes the potential for reflections within the adapter barrel, which could otherwise result in unwanted glare within the image. This adapter is constructed from aluminum alloy for durability while minimizing weight, and its mounting rings are made with brass to further prevent wear-and-tear.
- Allows a Canon EF- or EF-S-mount lens to be used on a FUJIFILM X-Mount camera
- Supports electronic communication between camera and lens to enable auto focus, image stabilization, on-camera aperture control, and Exif metadata generation when possible
- Camera-to-lens calibration button to help ensure that electronic communication between an attached camera and lens is reliable
- Internal coating minimizes reflections within the adapter barrel
- Aluminum alloy components for weight reduction
- Brass mounting rings further prevent wear-and-tear
- Locking mechanism for secure attachment of lens with push-button release
- Built-in micro-USB Type-B port for firmware updates
- Padded, wooden box for storage or transport