This special limited edition of the Celestron AstroMaster 70AZ 70mm f/13 Alt-Az Refractor Telescope celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission that brought mankind to the moon. This bundle includes a souvenir Apollo 11 keepsake coin, a universal smartphone digiscoping adapter that allows you to take and easily share pictures of the moon, and the paperback book "50 Things to See on the Moon" by John A. Read.
The scope itself was designed as a multi-function starter scope that can be used for both astronomical and terrestrial viewing. Its medium aperture and long focal length allow it to draw in a generous amount of light with a high magnification potential to allow observation of the larger planets and the moon. The included 90° diagonal has an integrated erecting prism that corrects the view to enable the scope's use on land. Celestron includes two eyepieces for high and medium magnifications.
The AstroMaster is outfitted with a manual alt-azimuth mount and to make finding and tracking objects easy, there is an altitude control handle and an azimuth lock. Supporting the mount and optical tube is a stainless steel tripod with sturdy 1.25" diameter legs and an adjustable height from 24 to 41 inches. Its center accessory tray pulls double duty as a convenient place to store eyepieces and smartphones while it locks the legs in place to improve stability and reduce vibrations.
A 2" diameter "antique gold" finish keepsake souvenir coin celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing.
Enjoy the paperback book "50 Things to See on the Moon" by John A. Read that offers a visual introduction to viewing the moon with 80 pages of color pictures and illustrations that are ideal for first-time stargazers.
Take and share pictures and video of the moon, the night sky, or the landscape in front of you with your smartphone using Celestron's digiscoping adapter that is designed to fit most popular phones.
- 70mm aperture
- f/13 focal ratio
- 900mm focal length
- Anti-reflection fully coated optics improve light transmission, color rendition, and contrast
- Resolution: Rayleigh: 1.99 arcsec; Dawes: 1.66 arcsec
- Rack-and-pinion focuser with 1.25" drawtube
- Dovetail plate allows OTA to be attached to mount quickly and without tools
Mount and Tripod
- Manual alt-azimuth
- Control handle helps to adjust altitude
- Azimuth lock reduces vibration and additional movement
- Dovetail saddle accepts OTA plate
- 1.25" stainless steel legs
- Adjustable height from 24-41"
- Accessory tray locks in-place for added stability and vibration reduction
- Spiked feet provide additional stability on soft, rough, or uneven ground
Eyepieces and Accessories
- 1.25" diameter barrels accept most astronomical filters
- 10mm produces 90x magnification
- 20mm yields 45x power
- 90° angle places user's head in a comfortable viewing position
- Built-in erecting prism corrects view for terrestrial use as a conventional spotting scope
- 1.25" barrel and eyepiece holder
- StarPointer Finderscope:
- Unmagnified to provide an exceptionally wide field of view to make finding subjects fast and star-hopping navigation easy
- Projects a center aiming dot that won't obscure the subject
- Variable intensity center dot won't affect night-adjusted vision