The ASUS Republic of Gamers Crosshair VIII Formula AM4 ATX Motherboard is built on the AMD X570 chipset supporting second- and third-generation AMD Ryzen processors with an AM4 socket. It has four memory slots for up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, which can run up to 4800 MHz when overclocked. For storage, it's equipped with eight SATA III ports and two M.2 slots. There are three PCIe 4.0 x16 slots for graphics cards, which can run at x8/x8/x4 when all slots are filled, and a single PCIe 4.0 x1 slot for other PCI-based hardware. Other integrated features include Intel AX200 802.11ax Wi-Fi, Intel I211-AT Gigabit Ethernet, Aquantia AQC111C 5GbE LAN, and ROG SupremeFX 8-channel HD audio
AMD X570 Chipset
CrossChill EK III
Cooler by Design
Active Chipset Heatsink
Backplate & M.2 Heatsinks
ROG Power Solution
- 8-Pin ProCool II Power Connectors - Sturdy power connectors ensure a snug and reliable connection.
- PowIRstage MOSFETs - The VRM consists of 16 IR3555 PowIRstages, each rated to handle 60 amps.
- MicroFine Alloy Chokes - Accompanies PowIRstage and each choke is rated to handle 45 amps.
- 10K Japanese-Made Black Metallic Capacitors - Solid-polymer capacitors rated to last thousands of hours at high temperatures.
Accurate Voltage Monitoring
- TPU Insight - The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) offers automated system tuning for voltages and overclocking, complete with system stat monitoring.
- EPU Guidance - The Energy Processing Unit (EPU) optimizes power consumption to maximize savings.
- Fan Xpert 4 - Manually or automatically control the speed of your fans to find a balance of cooling performance and noise.
- Digi+ Power Control - Offers real-time control over voltage droops, switching frequency, and power efficiency settings.
- Turbo App - Make use of AMD processor's per-core tuning to assign apps to specific cores to prioritize computing power.