The ASUS Republic of Gamers Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) AM4 ATX Motherboard is built on the AMD X570 chipset, supporting second- and third-generation AMD Ryzen processors with an AM4 socket. It has four memory slots for up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, which can be overclocked to up to 4800 MHz. For storage, it's equipped with eight SATA III ports and two M.2 slots. There are three PCIe 4.0 x16 slots for graphics cards and a single PCIe 4.0 x1 slot for other PCI-based hardware. Other integrated features include Intel I211-AT Gigabit Ethernet, Realtek RTL8125-CG 2.5GbE Ethernet, Intel AX200 802.11ax Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and SupremeFX S1220 8-channel HD audio.
- 8-Pin ProCool II Power Connectors - Sturdy power connectors ensure a snug and reliable connection.
- PowIRstage MOSFETs - The VRM consists of 16 IR3555 PowIRstages, each rated to handle 60 amps.
- MicroFine Alloy Chokes - Accompanies PowIRstage and each choke is rated to handle 45 amps.
- 10K Japanese-Made Black Metallic Capacitors - Solid-polymer capacitors rated to last thousands of hours at high temperatures.
- TPU Insight - The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) offers automated system tuning for voltages and overclocking, complete with system stat monitoring.
- EPU Guidance - The Energy Processing Unit (EPU) optimizes power consumption to maximize savings.
- Fan Xpert 4 - Manually or automatically control the speed of your fans to find a balance of cooling performance and noise.
- Digi+ Power Control - Offers real-time control over voltage droops, switching frequency, and power efficiency settings.
- Turbo App - Make use of AMD processor's per-core tuning to assign apps to specific cores to prioritize computing power.