The Modal CRAFTsynth 2.0 is a portable monophonic 8-oscillator wavetable synthesizer, featuring 45 morphable waveforms, 16 oscillator modifiers, a state-variable 2-pole filter, a 36-destination modulation matrix with 8 modulation slots, two audio rate LFOs, and a programmable sequenced arpeggiator.
There are 8 oscillators in total with 2 selectable waveforms and mixer stage. Each of the 40+ waveforms available are split into 8 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets plus a sine/noise bank available on Wave 2 only. VA, digital, and generative waves are available along with selections from the Modal 002. It is possible to process and cross-modulate waveforms with 1 of 16 oscillator modifiers including frequency, phase modulation, hard/window sync, ring/amp modulation, derez/bitcrush, wavefolders, and waveshapers.
Other notable features include a multi-option Unison/spread, which detunes the 8 oscillators for a huge sound, three envelopes for filter, amplitude, and modulation, and two audio-rate LFOs. The 8x8 modulation matrix allows you to pair one source with one destination. The onboard arpeggiator can be programmed and transposed for a variety of rhythms and sequences.
The rear panel offers a 3.5mm main output and headphone output, as well as MIDI I/O on 5-pin DIN connectors and sync I/O on 3.5mm connectors. The CRAFTsynth 2.0 can be powered by three AA batteries or via the micro-USB port. The instrument also offers Class-compliant MIDI over USB. The free MODALapp is available on iOS, Mac, Windows, and Android platforms, allowing for deep editing of patches, presets, and advanced MIDI configurations, plus firmware update. What's more, the optional MODALplugin is available as an audio plugin version of MODALapp for tightly integrating the CRAFTsynth 2.0 with your DAW.
- Monophonic wavetable synthesizer
- 8 oscillators in total with 2 selectable waveforms and mixer stage
- 40 unique waveforms available split into 8 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets
- VA, digital, and generative waves are available along with selections from the Modal 002
- Process and cross-modulate waveforms with 1 of 16 oscillator modifiers including Frequency / Phase Modulation, Hard / Window Sync, Ring / Amp Modulation, Derez / Bitcrush, Wavefolders, and Waveshapers
- Multi-option Unison/spread to detune the 8 oscillators for a huge sound
- 3 x envelope generators for Filter, Amplitude, and Modulation
- 2 x audio rate LFOs
- 8-slot modulation matrix with 8 sources, each source can have 1 destination. (LFO1, LFO2, and MOD-EG assignable from CRAFTsynth, Velo, Note, ModW, AftT, and Expression assignable from MODALapp)
- Program and transpose patterns with the built-in sequenced arpeggiator
- 2-pole resonant filter that can be morphed from low pass, through band pass, to high pass
- Delay and distortion (waveshaping overdrive, not bitcrushing) effects
- Optional MIDI clock sync for LFOs and Delay
- 64 preset storage locations
- 8-key touch MIDI keyboard with 8 custom scales and root note selection
- MIDI DIN in and out
- Analog clock sync in and out (configured to the KORG / Teenage Engineering specification)
- Class-compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
- Headphone and line outputs
- Powered by USB or 3 x AA batteries
- Optional software editor available for macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android
- Portable and compact design