Fine art and exhibition-quality prints are the specialty of Epson's SureColor P20000 Production Edition Printer, which is designed for professional applications where the ability to produce detailed large-format prints up to 64" wide is required. Equipped with a newly developed 2.6"-wide PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead, the P20000 is able to reach resolutions of up to 2400 x 1200 dpi with 800 nozzles per color. Using PrecisionDot Screening Technology and a nine-color ink set, images produced will feature smooth gradations and fine detail. On top of this, the P20000 can work quickly when needed, including the ability to create a 16 x 20" print in just one minute 47 seconds.
The next generation UltraChrome PRO pigment-based ink set delivers an outstanding gamut using nine colors, including four grays for superb gradations and black & white prints. The Photo Black ink has been made 1.5x denser for improved contrast and richer images and the redesigned printhead features dedicated nozzles for both the matte and photo blacks for instant switching. To ensure accurate ink placement and smooth operation, the P20000 features auto head maintenance.
Media can be handled in multiple ways using a roll media feed, cut sheet feed, or a poster board slot, and the printer is equipped with an internal 320GB server to handle data and jobs from multiple workstations. Also included with the Production Edition is ONYX RIPcenter software, an industry standard workflow software, which incorporates an Adobe PostScript engine and powerful color management tools to maximize workflow productivity. This software supports leading photo, fine art, and signage media, making it perfect for poster production, full bleed poster production, color critical graphics printing, job automation, and standardized job workflows. For checking status and changing settings the front panel features a 2.6" color LCD alongside various navigation buttons. Additionally, the printer offers both USB 2.0 and Ethernet connectivity for easy installation and setup.
- An Epson PrecisionCore microTFP 10-channel printhead works precisely to create images with a high level of detail, using resolutions of up to 2400 x 1200 dpi and Variable-Sized Droplet Technology to create ink drops as small as 3.5pL.
- The 2.64"-wide printhead features 800 nozzles per color and 10 channels for a total of 8000 nozzles.
- Photo and Matte Black each have dedicated nozzles for instant switching between the two.
- Nozzle Verification Technology automatically verifies and cleans nozzles.
- The P20000 can work quickly, featuring speeds of 1:47 to 3:17 to create a 16 x 20" print. Drafts can be created at a rate of 1311 ft²/hour and high-speed poster printing supports 411 ft²/hour with four passes and 273 ft²/hour with six passes.
- For more demanding applications, users can access an indoor display graphics setting for six-pass 273 ft²/hour printing as well as a photo and fine art mode for eight-pass 209 ft²/hour and 16-pass 104 ft²/hour. Additionally, an exhibition setting offers the maximum quality of 24 passes with a speed of 68 ft²/hour.
- Epson has implemented a 9-color UltraChrome PRO pigment-based ink set in the P20000 with an improved Resin Encapsulation Technology for gloss uniformity. Also, a four-level gray system is available for smoother gradations and reduced bronzing. The black inks are 1.5x denser as well for deeper colors and improved dynamic range.
- Each cartridge holds 700mL of ink for handling professional workloads.
- A cut sheet feeder, roll media feeder, and post board input slot allow for a wide range and variety of media and paper types to be used.
- The printer supports media ranging in width from 10-64" and up to 80" long for cut sheets and 590.55" long for rolls.
- A built-in CMOS sensor photographs the back of the media and then a pattern recognition algorithm and Sub-Pixel Matching Technology will identify differences and precisely move the media with an accuracy of ±0.055 mm.
- Media Inductive Roller System is specially coated to protect the surface of your media and ensure paper is loaded straight and without any skew.
- Using additional rollers, a Skew Reduction System will ensure consistent media feed while an automatic slack take-up and back tension control help to remove any skew.
- BorderFree printing at 10", 13", 16", 17", 20", 24", 29", 36", 44", 50", 54", and 60" widths.
- A built-in automatic rotary media cutter will help create clean cuts at the end of printing.
- The top-loading cut sheet media feeder works with 8.5 x 11" media, though 13 x 19" is recommended, and supports sheets up to 64 x 80" in size. It allows for a slight bend without requiring space behind the printer and is the safest loading method for thinner or more delicate paper types.
- The straight-through post board media feeder supports single sheets from 17-64" in width and up to 59 mil thick.
- The front control panel is equipped with a 2.6" color LCD as well as various navigation buttons and an LED status lamp.
- Epson Professional Printer drivers support true 16-bit input and work with Windows and macOS/OS X computers.
- An internal 320GB print server helps manage print data from multiple locations and features security, including IPsec and IEEE802.1x protocols.
- USB 2.0 and Ethernet connectivity are available for standard wired and networking options.
- Epson PrecisionDot Screening calculates dot size and placement by using fixed and three-level variable-sized droplet technology to create accurate blends and transitions.
- Advanced Black & White Printing Technology is a dedicated driver option for creating professional-quality monochrome prints.
- ONYX RIPcenter software incorporates an Adobe PostScript engine and powerful color management tools to maximize workflow productivity. Supports leading photo, fine art, and signage media, making it perfect for poster production, full bleed poster production, color critical graphics printing, job automation, and standardized job workflows.