Featuring a wide field of view, moderate magnification, and a close focus distance of just 5', the 8x32 Diamondback HD Binocular from Vortex is a versatile optic suited to a wide range of uses. At 4.6 x 4.4" and under 16 ounces, it's comfortable for all-day use.
The Diamondback HD renders views with minimal chromatic aberration, exceptional color fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness, and optimal light transmission through the use of ultra high definition glass, an index-matched lens configuration, XR Plus lens coatings, and dielectric-coated, phase-correcting roof prisms. The lenses are protected from scratches, oil, and dust by ArmorTek exterior lens coating.
The housing is argon filled and sealed with O-rings to ensure reliable and durable protection against dust, debris, fog, and water. It is rubber armored for non-slip and durable protection, and is equipped with a large focusing knob that is easy to use even while wearing gloves. Twist-down eyecups accommodate users who wear glasses. For hands-free use or the steadiest view, the Diamondback HD can be mounted on a tripod using the separately sold tripod adapter. Naturally contoured to perfectly fit your hands, promoting comfort and eliminating user fatigue,the Diamondback HD includes a winning combination of features.
- Roof prism design
- 8x magnification
- 32mm objective lenses
- Fully multi-coated lenses increase transmission, clarity, and brightness
- Dielectric-coated, phase-correcting roof prisms improve true color, contrast, and transmission
- 8.1° angle of view
- 426' linear field of view at 1000 yards
- Birding-friendly 5' close focus distance
- Exit pupil: 4mm
- Eye Relief: 16mm
Use and Handling
- Short-hinge bridge cuts weight and exposes more surface for handling
- Adjustable interpupillary distance: 56-73mm
- Oversized knurled center focusing wheel
- Textured diopter ring on right eyepiece
- Twist-up soft tapered rubber eyecups
- Protective rubber armor provides a slip-resistant grip
- O-ring sealed and argon-filled to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature and environmental conditions
- Scratch-resistant ArmorTek exterior lens coatings repel oils and corrosive materials from lenses