Get shooting and editing with the Sony Alpha a7R II Mirrorless Digital Camera with 28-70mm Lens and Adobe CC Photo Plan Kit from B&H, which combines the full-frame camera body, the standard zoom lens, and a one-year subscription to the Adobe CC Photography Plan.
Sony Alpha a7R II Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
With a world's first full-frame 42.4-megapixel Exmor R back-illuminated structure CMOS sensor, the Alpha a7R II Mirrorless Digital Camera from Sony is prepared to take mirrorless imaging to another level. This sensor design both improves low-light operation and speeds up data throughout, enabling fast high-resolution stills and UHD 4K video recording. Working with the BIONZ X image processor, these images can be produced at sensitivities up to ISO 102,400 and at a continuous 5 fps shooting rate. Five-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization has also been implemented, compensating for vertical, horizontal, pitch, yaw, and roll movements.
Speed has received a major boost with a 40% increase in speed over its predecessor. The AF system received its own massive upgrade with the use of 399 phase-detect points and 25 contrast-detect points for a speedy Fast Hybrid AF system which will offer extremely accurate tracking. The phase-detection points even extend to A-mount lenses when used with the LA-EA1 and LA-EA3 adapter.
Designed to last, the updated magnesium alloy body has improved weather sealing and a robust lens mount for working with large lenses. Also, the shutter has a reduced-vibration design, cutting down shutter vibrations by about 50%. Also, it now uses an electronic front curtain shutter and is rated for 500,000 cycles. Silent shooting is also available for a quiet shooting experience when needed.
Onto video, the major addition is internal UHD 4K 3840 x 2160p recording at 30 or 24 fps with the XAVC S format at 100 Mbps. This is possible using either the Super 35 crop mode, with no pixel binning, or the full-frame readout. Full HD 1920 x 1080p is still readily available at up to 60 fps and HD 1280 x 720p is possible at up to 120 fps. Additionally, the a7R II benefits from the inclusion of the S-Log2 Gamma and S-Gamut settings as well as fully customizable picture profiles.
Composing and reviewing your images as you work is handled with either the 0.5" 2.36M-dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder or the 3.0" 1,228.8k-dot tilting LCD monitor. The viewfinder offers 0.78x magnification and a 4-lens system with double-sided aspherical elements for comfortable viewing. The monitor helps in odd positions by tilting up 107° and down 41°. And, to stay connected, the a7R II packs in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC for remote operation and transfer of images to a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
42.4 MP Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
For long focal lengths, the system will correct for pitch and yaw adjustments. Macro and high magnification imagery on the other hand will benefit from the inclusion of horizontal and vertical shift compensation. And, all shooting styles will get usage out of the roll compensation. All 5 axes of stabilization will function at all times, even when used with third-party lenses and adapters or lenses with built-in optical stabilization.
When using lenses that do not transmit imaging data to the camera, manual settings can be used to input the correct focal length and ensure proper stabilization. Also, the viewfinder can be used to preview the amount of compensation by pressing the shutter release button halfway or magnifying the image.
Fast Hybrid AF with 399 Phase-Detect Points
Another feature available with this AF system is a Lock-on AF tracking that will analyze more information from the scene to provide dramatically improved accuracy and stability. Eye AF is also available which will prioritize a subject's pupil for excellent portraits even with a shallow depth of field.
UHD 4K Video Recording in XAVC S Format
When recording internally, users will record video with a 4:2:0 sampling at 8-bit, however, to even further improve image quality the a7R II has clean HDMI output for use with an external recorder. This allows users to capture 4:2:2 uncompressed video and save in an edit-ready format.
Timecode and User Bit Settings
Customizable Picture Profiles and S-Log2 Gamma
3.0" 1,228.8k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
0.5" 2.36M-Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder Electronic Viewfinder
Redesigned Grip, Shutter Release Button, and Controls
Magnesium Alloy Construction and Robust Lens Mount
Reduced-Vibration Shutter & Silent Shooting
Audio Input & Headphone Jack
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
Additionally, PlayMemories Camera Apps are also supported via the built-in Wi-Fi connection, and allow you to personalize the camera's features depending on specific shooting styles. Apps are available to suit creating portraits, detailed close-ups, sports, time lapse, motion shot, and other specific types of imagery.
Other Camera Features
- Picture Effect modes: Posterization (Color, B&W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R/G/B/Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-Key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-Tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, and Illustration.
- Creative Style settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, and Sepia (all with +/- 3 step contrast, saturation, and sharpness adjustment).
- Color space: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe RGB standard compatible with TRILUMINOS Color.
- Picture Profile parameters: Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine 1-4, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Color Level, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, and Reset.
- Scene Selection modes: Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, and Anti Motion Blur.
- Face Detection is available to base exposure and focus on up to eight recognized faces. Furthermore, Eye AF can be used for even greater precision by maintaining critical focus on a subject's eye.
- 2x Clear Image Zoom can be used to effectively double the magnification afforded by any lens in use with minimal image degradation. For even greater magnification, 1.5x and 2x Smart zoom is available, as well as 4x digital zoom.
- Pre-flash TTL control with flash bracketing available and a variety of flash modes, including: Flash off, auto, fill-flash, rear sync, slow sync, red-eye reduction, hi-speed sync, and wireless control.
Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
A top pick for users looking for a lightweight all-around zoom, the FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens from Sony is a great go-to for full-frame E-mount shooters. The lens uses a variable f/3.5-5.6 maximum aperture range in order to achieve light weight and compact size and incorporates one extra-low dispersion element and three aspherical elements to minimize aberrations throughout the range. Also, it has a linear motor and internal focus that enable fast, reliable autofocusing. On top of this, the lens offers built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization to combat the effects of camera shake. Additionally, it is dust and moisture resistant and is equipped with a seven-blade circular diaphragm for smooth bokeh.
Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan with 20GB Cloud Storage (12-Month Subscription, Download Card)
Pairing two essential photo editing programs, this Creative Cloud Photography Plan from Adobe includes a 12-month subscription to both Photoshop and Lightroom CC, along with 20GB of online cloud storage. Designed as a comprehensive solution for photographic post-production, these two applications complement the entire range of photo editing needs, including raw image processing, file organization, retouching, and exporting tools. Additionally, this suite also enables you to work with Lightroom Mobile and Photoshop Mix for on-the-go photo editing from your mobile devices, with the ability to sync all of your work simultaneously within Lightroom catalogs across all devices. With both Photoshop and Lightroom functioning within the Creative Cloud, you are also afforded constant feature updates to ensure your programs are running with the most recent feature-set for enhanced editing capabilities. Additionally, the cloud structure also affords access to CC Learn's vast library of online content and video tutorials to help gain new skills, refine old ones, and gain a greater understanding of what both applications can do for you.
This item is delivered on a card with a unique serial code for you to retrieve, activate, and validate your Photography Plan subscription.
Creative Cloud Photography Plan
Benefits for Photographers
- By combining both Photoshop and Lightroom within a single plan, this comprehensive solution enables photographers the controls to process raw files, organize a complete photo library, retouch imagery, and export finished photographs in a multitude of ways.
- Residing within the Creative Cloud environment, these two programs reap the benefits of continuous feature upgrades, new and enhanced tools, up-to-date support for various camera models, and access to an expansive library of video tutorials for expanding one's skill-set.
- Both Photoshop and Lightroom can work in conjunction with their respective mobile apps-Photoshop Mix and Lightroom Mobile-for on-the-go editing and syncing of work across all devices.
- Cloud-based storage can be used for access to your files from nearly any device.
20GB of Cloud Storage
Unique Features for Photoshop
- Perspective Warp allows you to adjust the perspective of a portion of your image without affecting other regions of the photo. This is ideal for changing the camera's viewpoint, such as changing a telephoto shot into a wide-angle perspective, and for compositing images together despite having different vanishing points or camera positions.
- Blur Gallery motion effects can be applied in circular, elliptical, and path-shaped blurs in order to create a sense of motion within your image.
- Smart Sharpen allows you to add rich texture, define edges, and draw out greater detail. This updated tool analyzes specific portions of the image in order to maximize clarity and minimize noise and halos in order to produce natural results that can be fine-tune to your preference.
- Camera Shake Reduction helps to rescue photos that might otherwise be lost due to unwanted blur caused by slow shutter speeds or longer focal lengths. This function analyzes the trajectory of the shot and helps to restore sharpness across the frame.
- The Focus Mask feature automatically selects regions of an image that are in focus and helps you to build precise and natural masks that can be used for enhancing the look of selective focus and shallow depth of field imagery.
- Enhanced Content-Aware technology offers more seamless and realistic retouching control when using the content-aware fill, move, and patch tools. This technology cleanly blends areas containing gradients, such as skies, for more natural results.
- The free Photoshop Mix app can be used on your iPad for powerful and easy-to-use editing control on-the-go. This app lets you combine and cut out imagery, apply distinct looks, and make non-destructive edits to photographs. When used in conjunction with the Creative Cloud membership, this app is compatible with Photoshop CC for a mobile-connected and synced workflow.
Unique Features for Lightroom
- Includes both Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic CC: Lightroom CC is an updated version designed for a cloud-based editing workflow, with automatic backups and editing syncing. Lightroom Classic CC is the desktop-focused version, which is designed for use with local, desktop-based file storage.
- When used in conjunction with a Creative Cloud membership, Lightroom can be used on your computer as well as your mobile devices, with the ability to sync your work between the various mediums for real-time editing. On smartphones and tablets, you can enhance all of your imagery, including photos made with a mobile device or raw files from a DSLR, and share directly to social media sites.
- HDR Merge is a seamless means for compositing multiple exposures within a single frame in order to achieve an extended dynamic range with greater shadow and highlight detail. This tool helps to align sequentially recorded frames and average the exposure values from each to produce natural or surreal effects.
- Panorama Merge aids in stitching together several files, including raw images, in order to create wide field of view panoramas. This tool helps to maintain a high degree of detail and prevent unwanted distortions and gaps or overlaps between frames.
- Facial Recognition is a unique solution for sourcing photos of specific people without the use of metadata, tags, or keywords. By selecting one face from a photo, Lightroom can search for images of that same person throughout your library for categorizing and grouping.
- The Advanced Healing Brush can be used to quickly fix image defects, such as dust or spots, as well as cleanly remove any unwanted objects within the photo. Updated control allows you to quickly remove oddly-shaped items, such as threads or splotches, without affecting the main subjects of an image.
- Upright allows you to straighten tilted images with a single click by analyzing and detecting skewed horizontal and vertical lines. This function works even when the horizon line is obscured or hidden.
- Smart Previews permits working with your imagery without having to bring your entire image library with you. By generating smaller, more portable stand-in files of your full-size imagery, you can apply adjustments and update metadata and then automatically apply these edits to the larger originals at a later time.
- A dedicated Filter Brush offers more precise control as to which areas of your image are affected when using Graduated or Radial filters. The brush can be used to adjust the filter's mask and add or subtract the effects from specific portions of the frame.
- Still images, video clips, and music can all be combined within video slideshows, which can be viewed on nearly any device, including computers, smartphones, or tablets.
- For sharing your work online, HTML5-compatible web galleries can be created to showcase your photos in a more elegant and interactive way that are compatible with most desktop and mobile browsers.
- Lightroom is based within a non-destructive editing environment that lets you experiment and adjust imagery without the fear of accidentally altering your original files. This makes it easier to reverse any unwanted edits or save multiple versions of the same image.