Swarovski designed and built the 3.5-28x50 Z8i P L Riflescope to deliver uncompromising performance, precision, and durability from medium to long-range and from the pre-dawn hours through the day and deep into dusk.
Outfitted with an exceptionally wide magnification range and a large objective, the Z8i is optimized for extreme long-range hunting and shooting, even in challenging conditions. To ensure views are always tack-sharp and crystal clear, Swarovski utilizes a suite of optical technologies—including HD glass and multiple proprietary lens coatings—that work together to produce high-contrast views that are free from chromatic and spherical aberration, color fringing, and edge distortion, with accurate color fidelity.
For precise shot placement, the windage and elevation adjust at 0.1 MRAD per click with a wide 70 MRAD total adjustment range. To further improve first shot accuracy, the modified duplex crosshair reticle has a clearly discernible red center aiming dot with an impressive 64 selectable intensity levels. With so many to choose from, the Z8i has a day/night selector switch and push button brightness control, with last-mode-memory that returns the brightness to the previously selected level. To extend battery life, the SWAROLIGHT system uses an internal inclinometer to detect when the rifle is lowered or laid down and deactivates the reticle, reactivating it when the rifle is picked up and shouldered again.
To withstand the rigors of the trail, Swarovski made the body out of a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy, with a robust 30mm maintube that adds strength and stability as well as the room required for the wide turret adjustment range. The body is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be resistant to internal fogging as well as waterproof and submersible to a depth of 13 feet. Under the windage cap is a spare battery holder, so you'll have access to another battery in the field. Swarovski ensures your lenses are clean and protected by supplying a bikini-style scope cover with clear lens caps so you'll retain full functionality, even with the cover on, so you'll be able to react quickly when an opportunity presents itself unexpectedly.
- Wide 3.5-28x magnification range is optimized for mid to extreme long-range hunting and shooting
- Large 50mm objective lens gathers the light required to keep views bright and crisp when viewing targets at long range on high power, or when using in challenging light such as during pre-dawn and late dusk
- Extra-low dispersion fluoride HD lens elements reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations to produce views with true color rendition across the entire visual spectrum without fringing, halos, or distortion across the entire field of view
- Proprietary SWAROTOP, SWAROCLEAN, SWARODUR optical coatings
- 36.3-foot field of view at 100 yards on 3.5x, 4.5-foot on 28x
Swarovski Optical Coatings:
- SWAROCLEAN nonstick coatings make cleaning dirt, dust, sap, moisture, and fingerprints from lens surfaces easy and fast
- SWAROTOP anti-reflective multi-coating maximizes light transmission, improves contrast and clarity
- SWARODUR exterior lens coatings offer scratch resistance while allowing dirt, dust, oils, and sap to be easily cleaned off without leaving residue to ensure clear and smudge-free views
4W-I Partially Illuminated Reticle
- Second focal plane placement: Reticle appearance won't change as magnification moves power up and down; it appears the same at all power settings
- Modified duplex crosshair design
- Clearly defined illuminated center aiming dot
- Short thick outer posts on horizontal with a longer post on lower vertical axis
- Thin center hairs that extend upward on the vertical axis
- Hash marks on horizontal hairs aid in correcting for wind or to give lead to moving targets
- Top half of the reticle presents a clear and unobstructed field of view
- Not caliber specific. Free program on the Swarovski Optik website allows users to obtain precise subtension dimensions based on their specific rifle and ammo load
- SWAROLIGHT: Utilizes an internal inclinometer to switch reticle illumination off when it detects the scope moving more than 30° left or right or 70° up or down forward incline or decline. Can be disabled if user prefers
- 64 illumination brightness levels: 32 daytime, 32 nighttime
- Auto shut off function: If the brightness isn't touched for 3 hours during the day or 5 hours at night, the reticle illumination will shut off automatically
- Runs on one included CR2032 battery
- Capped low-profile windage and elevation turrets keep dirt, dust, and water from fouling the adjustment mechanisms
- 0.1 MRAD per click impact point correction
- Wide 70 MRAD windage and elevation adjustment ranges are optimized for long-distance applications
- Zero-reset after initial sighting in to the rifle
- Side parallax correction turret, adjustable from 55 yd to infinity
- Turrets are compatible with optional BTF (Ballistic Turret Flex) and PBR (Personalized Ballistic Ring), available for order directly from Swarovski
Use and Handling
- Slip-resistant zoom ring with thumb lever enables precise power selection in cold and wet weather
- Dual push button reticle illumination control with memory feature that returns reticle to previously selected intensity
- -3 to +2 dioptric correction
- Long 3.7" eye relief provides a generous eye box for comfortable use and greater room to mount on rifle
- Wide exit pupil at most magnifications ensures complete coverage as the pupil opens and dilates in low or challenging light
- Robust 30mm one-piece maintube provides the room required for the wide turret adjustment ranges
- Lightweight and durable aluminum alloy housing
- Corrosion-resistant, matte-black anodized finish
- Waterproof and submersible to 13'
- Nitrogen filled to be resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme conditions
- Bikini-style scope cover with transparent lens caps provides additional protection with full functionality while still on
- Spare battery holder on windage turret
- Length: 15"
- Weight: 23.5 ounce