This Housing, Port & Zoom Gear Kit from Fantasea Line includes everything necessary to use your Sony a6400 mirrorless camera underwater, just add a strobe or video light to illuminate the scene. The kit includes the housing for the a6400, including a moisture detector and fiber-optic ports; a glass-front flat port for the Sony E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5 or 30mm f/3.5 Macro lenses, and a lens gear so you can operate the zoom with the camera in the housing.
Fantasea Line FA6400 Housing for Sony a6400
With your Sony Alpha a6400 camera in Fantasea's FA6400 Underwater Housing, you can capture beautiful photos and video of the undersea world at depths as great as 200'. The enclosure features the Fantasea Hybrid Vacuum Safety System, which includes both a pre-dive vacuum check and an on-dive leak detector. The system allows confirming the watertight seal of the housing prior to the dive using the vacuum system and monitoring the housing seal during the dive using the moisture detector.
Dual fiber-optic ports enable the attachment of optional external strobes via the proper cables. One of these flash units could be placed on the cold shoe mount that sits atop the housing. Additionally, the FA6400 is equipped with an M16 port that allows for the installation of optional accessories and connectors, such as strobe bulkheads, HDMI video ports, or vacuum valves. The housing provides access to all essential camera functions via mechanical controls, including push buttons, dials, and a lever. Built for durability, it is constructed from injection-molded polycarbonate that's resistant to shock and corrosion.
The FA6400 ships without a required lens port and accepts interchangeable ports for various lenses. For full compatibility details, see the port chart.
- Depth rating: 200'
- Double O-ring seal
- Hybrid Vacuum Safety System: pre-dive vacuum pump and in-dive moisture sensor and alarm
- Housing is made from injection-molded polycarbonate that's resistant to shock and corrosion
- Black on the front, sides, and top, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls
- M16 port allows for the installation of optional accessories and connectors, such as strobe bulkheads, HDMI video ports, or vacuum valves
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Dual fiber-optic ports on the housing enable the attachment of optional external strobes via the proper cables
- Optional bulkhead added via the M16 port will make it possible to connect external strobes via sync cords
Controls and Handling
- Mechanical push buttons, dials, and a lever are clearly labeled and easy to operate with or without gloves
- Controls afford access to virtually all camera functions, including all essential ones: on/off, shutter, video recording, Custom 1 button, control dial, mode dial, flash down, flash up, lens dial, lens release, drive mode, exposure compensation, ISO, AEL, enlarge, menu, Fn, self-timer, display, control wheel, set, playback, C2 button, index, and delete
- Extended shutter release for easy access when using a tray with grip handles
- Removable anti-glare hood for the LCD viewing window improves visibility in bright conditions
Lens Port System
- Ships without a required lens port
- Accepts interchangeable ports for various lenses
- For full compatibility details, see the port chart linked above
Fantasea Line FML Flat Lens Port 34 for Sony E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5 or 30mm f/3.5 Macro Lens
Armed with your camera, lens, housing, and Fantasea FML Flat Lens Port 34, you can capture detailed shots of coral, moray eels, blue-ringed octopi, and other wonders of the sea at depths as great as 200'. The port is compatible with Fantasea housings with FML mounts, including the FA6500 model for the Sony Alpha a6500 and a6300 mirrorless cameras.
The glass front element is flat so as not to correct for the underwater size distortion that makes everything appear 25% larger and closer. Therefore, the port provides ample magnification for detailed close-up images. Additionally, the glass features an anti-reflection coating to help prevent lens flare when shooting in bright light. The 67mm front threads allow for the attachment of optional, external color-correction filters or accessory wide-angle or macro lenses.
Built for durability, especially resistance to corrosion by seawater, the port body is crafted from polycarbonate. As a bonus, a microfiber cloth is supplied for keeping the glass clean, clear, and scratch-free.
- E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS
- E 30mm f/3.5 Macro
Fantasea Line Zoom Gear for Sony E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens in FML Port
Mount this Zoom Gear from Fantasea Line onto the zoom ring of the Sony E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens, in order to adjust the focal length when the lens is inside the FML Flat Port 34. This port is compatible with Fantasea underwater camera housings that have FML mounts, including the FA6500 enclosure for Sony's Alpha a6500 and a6300 models. The gear connects to the housing's lens dial, which can be turned for smooth, seamless operation of the 16-50mm's zoom function. Power zoom is inaccessible when using this gear.