The VARI-LITE VL4000 BEAMWASH is high-powered, hybrid wash/beam luminaire that is capable of powerful wash and mid-air beam effects, making it well suited for designers, rental companies, venues and productions with a complement of fixtures offering unlimited design possibilities.
Without the need to change its lens, the VL4000 combines stunning wash capabilities with intense beam functionality and the ability to produce a powerful collimated shaft of light. Producing 43,000 lumens in standard mode (35,000 studio mode), the VL4000 BEAMWASH uses a 1200W Philips MSR Gold FastFit lamp to provide a remarkable point-of-source imagery through its 10" front lens. Wash mode provides a 10° to 60° zoom range. By simply adjusting a DMX value, the VL4000 BeamWash can shift to an intense beam luminaire with a 4° to 40° beam angle. What's more the fixture can also provide a narrow shaft for a collimated ray of light from 4° down to near zero.
Other notable features include dual opposing color wheels for infinite CMY cross fading, variable eCTO color temperature correction, two gobo wheels (with 7 rotatable, indexable positions + open), and a 5-facet step prism. Also included is dual coated glass dimmer flags, dual blade strobe system, beam size iris, and an animation wheel. The VL4000 can be controlled via RDM and DMX protocols with two DMX channel modes (41 or 46). The VARI-LITE VL4000 ships with the lamp, Neutrik powerCON AC input connector, and two truss hook rackets.
- 1200W Philips MSR Gold FastFit lamp
- Swap from wash to beam with no lens change
- Image projection is sharper than standard beam fixtures
- Studio mode for quitter application uses
- Multiple hanging rail points
- Dual opposing color wheels
- Infinity CMY cross fading system
- Two fixed-color wheels; five positions each
- Variable CTO color temperature correction
- Two gobo wheels; seven rotatable, indexable positions plus open
- 43,000 lumens (standard mode), 35,000 lumens (studio mode)
- One animation wheel; rotating indexable pattern with variable motion control
- Wash mode zoom range from 10-60° (6:1 optics system)
- Beam mode zoom range from 4-40° (10:1 optics system)
- Shaft mode zoom range from 4° to near 0°
- 5-facet step prism
- Beam and shaft mode indexing and rotating lenticular effect
- Wash mode indexing and rotating beam shaping