The electronic download of Musical Sampling Boutique Drums Jolene Sample Library is a collection of "vibey" drums that is well suited for indie, alternative, country, and pop. With its what-you-see-is-what-you-get interface, the software is easy to manage and sounds fantastic. Curated, played, and recorded by Brian Scoggin at Hey Hey studios in Griffin, Georgia, which is known for its acoustics and engineering, Jolene embodies a tasteful balance of both room and character.
The samples are created using a single-page interface that offers a fast and intuitive way to develop customized drum mixes. Eight different baked-in mix presets were designed to not only work on their own but are completely interchangeable between the different drum groups. Under the hood, Jolene also alternates between two different sets of hi-hat / ride multisamples depending on how quickly you hit successive notes for the given articulation. The initial hit triggers the isolated sample while subsequent hits trigger repetitive samples.
Ruby includes five different hi-hat multisamples and live eighth-note grooves that automatically lock to your DAW's tempo. Tight, normal, slight-open, mid-open, and all-open grooves were recorded at 90, 120, and 140 BPM. Additionally, crossfadeable hi-hat grooves with release triggers are provided. With the modulation wheel down, it'll play the loop at its tightest hi-hat state. As you push the modulation wheel up, the hi-hat opens for realistic modulations.
- Recorded at Hey Hey Studios in Griffin, Georgia
- Drums played by Brian Scoggin (Casting Crowns)
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Eight "baked-in" mix presets that are interchangeable between different drum groups
- Kit includes kick, snare, ghost snare rolls, cross sticks, rimshots, five hi-hat state multisamples/grooves, crossfadeable hi-hat grooves, hi-hat chicks, two toms, ride cymbal (with crash), ride bell, and crash cymbal
- Repetition sampling for all rides/hi-hat/toms multisamples
- Live eighth-note hi-hat grooves recorded at 90/120/140 BPM that sync to your DAW's tempo
- Crossfadeable hi-hat grooves (fades between five different hi-hat states; from tight to all-open)
- Groove Speed control (Half/Normal/Double)
- Adjustable humanization feature (Off/Tight/Natural/Loose)
- Volume control for each drum group
- Assignable Kontakt outputs for each drum group
- Recorded in 48 kHz/24-bit
- 7 GB compressed NCW format
- Compatible with Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher (requires full retail version of Kontakt)