FlatHat's 32" Drone Landing Pad, in blue and yellow, has a user-friendly pop-up design with a heavy-duty canvas fabric. The fabric is fixed to a flexible spring steel frame. Measuring 32" in diameter, this landing pad is just the right size for drones such as the DJI Phantom 4, Mavic 2 Pro, and similar-sized ones. For bigger drones, like the DJI Inspire 2, a larger landing pad is preferable.
The type of material used is an important factor for something that will repeatedly be folded and unfolded over time. Also, in case the drone flips over during landing or take-off, a durable fabric can get away with just being scratched by the propellers instead of ripped. Additionally, the dyed fabric design of this landing pad ensures that the color will not peel off or flake with use. The bag that the pad folds into is also made of durable quality, as is its zipper. The bag quality is equally important.
One reason a landing pad is useful is to highly minimize dust from kicking up when you launch from a sandy or gravelly surface. It also protects the drone's gimbal in surfaces with overgrown grass. Another reason is that it gives you a more professional appearance when, for example, you're capturing real-estate footage in a residential environment. Also, it can be set up as your "return home" location.
The landing pad folds up into about a third of its size. To fold it, you simply need to twist it in on itself, kind of like trying to create a figure 8 shape, and then fold one side on the other. Likewise, you just need to untwist it to pop it out for use.
- Pop-up design
- Quality, heavy-duty dyed canvas fabric
- Flexible spring steel frame
- Ideal for drones about the size of a DJI Phantom 4 or Mavic 2 Pro
- Durable carry bag with quality zipper
- Minimize dust from kicking up when launching from sandy/gravelly surfaces
- Protect the drone's gimbal in surfaces with overgrown grass and weeds
- Provides a professional appearance in residential environments
- Can be set up as your "return home" location