To address the trend toward bigger sessions with immersive audio formats like Dolby Atmos, the Avid Pro Tools | Ultimate 384 Voice Pack Perpetual License offers the option to increase your voice count on native-based Pro Tools | Ultimate systems (2019.5 or Later).
The 384 Voice Pack Perpetual License comes with three 128 Voice Packs. It enables you to add an additional 384/192/96 voices at 48/96/192 kHz to Pro Tools | Ultimate's base 384 voices—running on an AVID-qualified computer.
A mono audio track uses one voice, a stereo track uses two voices, a 5.1 track uses six voices, and so on. A maximum of three Voice Packs can be enabled per Pro Tools | Ultimate system for a maximum of 384/192/96 voices at 48/96/192 kHz.
As you add more audio tracks to a session, the load on the native system increases. It is important to establish that your system is capable of handling this additional overhead as the total number of voices your system can simultaneously play back is dependent on the processing power of your computer.
Choose to authorize Pro Tools | Ultimate Voice Pack either via cloud license with iLok Cloud or with a physical iLok 2 / iLok 3 key (available separately).
Number of Additional Audio Tracks at 48/96/192 kHz (per 128 Voice Pack)
Number of additional audio tracks at 48/96/192 kHz (per 128 Voice Pack):
- Mono audio tracks: 128/64/32 additional audio tracks (128 tracks at 48 kHz; 64 tracks at 96 kHz; 32 tracks at 192 kHz)
- Stereo audio tracks: 64/32/16 additional audio tracks
- Quad audio tracks: 32/16/8 additional audio tracks
- 5.1 surround audio tracks: 21/10/5 additional audio tracks
- 7.1 surround audio tracks: 16/8/4 additional audio tracks
- Pro Tools | Ultimate 2019.5 or later
- Pro Tools | HD Native, Core Audio device, or ASIO support
- Avid-qualified computer
- iLok authorization